Romanian state TV airs Christmas carol about burning Jews, celebrating Holocaust

Started by jimmy olsen, December 12, 2013, 11:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Despicable  :mad:

http://www.jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewish-Features/Romanian-state-TV-airs-Christmas-carol-about-burning-Jews-celebrating-Holocaust-334699

QuoteRomanian state TV airs Christmas carol about burning Jews, celebrating Holocaust

A Romanian public broadcaster distanced itself from a Christmas carol celebrating the Holocaust that aired on the new channel.

TVR3 Verde, a television channel for rural communities, presented the carol on December 5 during its maiden transmission.

Sung by the Dor Transilvan ensemble, it featured the lyrics: "The kikes, damn kikes, Holy God would not leave the kike alive, neither in heaven nor on earth, only in the chimney as smoke, this is what the kike is good for, to make kike smoke through the chimney on the street."

In a statement Tuesday, TVR3 said it did not select the carol but only broadcast songs that were chosen and compiled by the Center for Preservation and Promotion of Traditional Culture, which belongs to the eastern county of Cluj.

TVR considers the selection "an uninspired choice and therefore notified the Cluj County Council of this," the broadcaster's statement read.

MCA Romania, a local watchdog on anti-Semitism, has written to Romanian President Traian Basecu and to Prime Minister Victor Viorel Ponta, to complain about the broadcast.

"We are shocked to see that the Romanian Public Television Channel 3 broadcast an anti-Semitic Christmas carol," Maximillian Marco Katz and Marius Draghici of MCA Romania wrote in the letter. "It is outrageous that none in the audience took a stance against the anti-Semitic Christian carol that incites to burn the Jews."

They added it was "absolutely unacceptable that TVR 3 tried to deny responsibility" by claiming it was the responsibility of Cluj County.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

LOL, I love how they turn "public broadcaster" to "state television".  I guess "Cable 10 public access of Aurora, Illinois" and "Romania" just doesn't sing.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Tamas

Quotecompiled by the Center for Preservation and Promotion of Traditional Culture, which belongs to the eastern county of Cluj.

:lol:

well, if the tradition was to sing such pieces, what can you do?

It reminded me how it was fine in Hungary for the older generation to be all high-horsed about the downgraded morals of today`s youth, while be happy about the cultural heritage of folk songs of their youth, the lyrics of which almost exclusively feature pre-marital sex and infidelity and rampant alcohol intake

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Savonarola

Well, you did want a new song in the Christmas canon...

Some people are just never happy.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Caliga

Neat, a lot of our ERP vendor's support people are from Cluj.  I shall ask them if they enjoy making kike smoke for the holidays. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Has the translation been independently verified?  I mean, Romanians don't actually use the work "kike", do they?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on December 13, 2013, 04:45:27 PMI mean, Romanians don't actually use the work "kike", do they?
I've only ever come across it from Americans. So I'd guess not :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

I think someone (probably one of our kikes) mentioned that the term was invented by Jews born in the States to describe FOB Jews.