Main Menu

Mart: murderer?

Started by Caliga, December 12, 2013, 07:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

QuoteNY college freshman dies during fraternity ritual
Published December 12, 2013
New York Post

A 19-year-old Baruch College freshman died from "too many" tackles during a fraternity hazing over the weekend in the Poconos, a Pennnsylvania prosecutor said Wednesday.

Chun Hsien "Michael" Deng was one of four pledges to his college chapter of Pi Delta Psi who took part in what was described as a hazing ritual in a yard outside a home in Tunkhannock Township, authorities said.

Deng suffered a head injury Sunday morning and was taken inside the home, officials said. When he didn't recover "after some time," he was driven to the emergency room at Geisinger Wyoming Valley Hospital in Wilkes-Barre on Sunday morning, where he was unresponsive and listed in critical condition.

He was placed on life support but died Monday of what was described as "major brain trauma."

"He got tackled too many times," said Monroe County District Attorney E. David Christine without elaboration.

About 30 members of the fraternity were taking part in the weekend getaway. Investigators found 20 Pi Delta Psi members at the home when they arrived and are trying to identify who was responsible for the fatal injuries, Christine said.

Pi Delta Psi identifies itself as "an Asian American cultural fraternity" founded in 1994, with a mission "to spread Asian American cultural awareness." It has more than 20 chapters in 11 states and the District of Columbia.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Hmm.  Not sure that Marty is Asian-American.

Razgovory

He still hasn't come back. :(   Despite the fact it was I who drove him off, he still hasn't taken me off his Friend list on Facebook.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on December 12, 2013, 07:48:44 PM
He still hasn't come back. :(   Despite the fact it was I who drove him off, he still hasn't taken me off his Friend list on Facebook.

He's in the sin bin.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I regularly get messages in a strange, primitive language commenting on some story with pictures of men kissing.

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

You didn't drive him off; the powers-that-be exiled him.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Oh, well I feel better now.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 12, 2013, 08:20:47 PM
the powers-that-be exiled him.

Not so fast, my friend.  It's bad enough I erroneously get the rap for bmolsson, I'm not going to get it for Marti too, goddammit.   :mad:

Eddie Teach

Everybody knows you don't have any real power, that's why Tim continues to walk among us. :contract:

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 12, 2013, 08:26:55 PM
Everybody knows you don't have any real power, that's why Tim continues to walk among us. :contract:

Oh, God!  Does that mean we are all secretly... Koreans? :(

Eddie Teach

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 12, 2013, 07:54:43 PM

He's in the sin bin.

The sin bin is a fun place though. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.