North Korea expands prison camp where inmates dig own graves

Started by jimmy olsen, December 06, 2013, 05:06:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Camerus on December 06, 2013, 06:55:16 AM
The Chinese would never allow it.  They are, after all, the only reason that regime is still around.
I feel it's the South Koreans who allow it. If they really wanted they could crush the North and the Chinese wouldn't do much besides gun down fleeing refugees trying to cross the Yalu. The South Koreans have instead decided to heed their own self interest and let their brothers and sisters suffer.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Quote from: Monoriu on December 06, 2013, 08:20:39 AM
Quote from: DGuller on December 06, 2013, 08:10:29 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on December 06, 2013, 06:39:06 AM
That's really horrible but I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done about it.
:yeahright:

Let's hear what you have in mind then  :)
Your government can stop aiding the ultra-evil regime, for one.

Monoriu

Quote from: DGuller on December 06, 2013, 08:40:35 AM

Your government can stop aiding the ultra-evil regime, for one.

It isn't like I voted for it  :P

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 06, 2013, 08:33:14 AM
Quote from: Camerus on December 06, 2013, 06:55:16 AM
The Chinese would never allow it.  They are, after all, the only reason that regime is still around.
I feel it's the South Koreans who allow it. If they really wanted they could crush the North and the Chinese wouldn't do much besides gun down fleeing refugees trying to cross the Yalu. The South Koreans have instead decided to heed their own self interest and let their brothers and sisters suffer.

The NK people lack the will to do anything for themselves.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 06, 2013, 07:09:20 AM
Quote from: Caliga on December 06, 2013, 06:46:07 AM
Assuming this is true, one might argue that the ROTW has a moral obligation to destroy the NK regime.  :hmm:
They recently let a camp of 22,000 starve to death.

http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,10404.msg634787.html#msg634787

and what's the motivation for the ROTW to do something?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Maybe they'll strike oil when digging a grave and the US will get real interested in spreading democracy to their country.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: The Brain on December 06, 2013, 12:32:16 PM
Maybe they'll strike oil when digging a grave and the US will get real interested in spreading democracy to their country.

Or maybe if they get some extremist muslims we can support.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DontSayBanana

Quote from: 11B4V on December 06, 2013, 12:28:03 PM
The NK people lack the will to do anything for themselves.

Sure.  You know what crushes a population's will to do anything?  Being thrown in a death camp for gossiping about the guy in charge.  I'm sure nobody in Washington's really happy with it when our presidents' dirty laundry gets aired out, but nobody goes to prison for saying it, either, let alone gets tortured with hammers.

At any rate, the NK people are force-fed so much bad information that they can't even grasp the idea that they could mobilize and switch the balance of power.
Experience bij!

derspiess

Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 06, 2013, 10:18:15 PM
I'm sure nobody in Washington's really happy with it when our presidents' dirty laundry gets aired out, but nobody goes to prison for saying it, either, let alone gets tortured with hammers.

Even worse, we have Seedy bitching at us when we say anything not positive about the president :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on December 06, 2013, 10:29:43 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 06, 2013, 10:18:15 PM
I'm sure nobody in Washington's really happy with it when our presidents' dirty laundry gets aired out, but nobody goes to prison for saying it, either, let alone gets tortured with hammers.

Even worse, we have Seedy bitching at us when we say anything not positive about the president :(

Well, YOU know why.