Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 10, 2014, 04:22:01 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 10, 2014, 04:13:13 PM
Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 10, 2014, 02:29:54 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 10, 2014, 02:21:05 PM
Is that really Norgy??

Fucking awesome!

Something positive out of Russia invading the Ukraine!

Good to see you, good to see derspiess, good to see all of you, really!
And, yes, it is really Norgy.

Really?

In your book, I am probably Norgay.

:w00t: Tenzing? Is that you?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 10, 2014, 01:33:14 PM

In any case, I believe there is a silver lining; more export brides for us.

This is great news!

So is the return of Norgy. :hug:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

The last time Norgy went looking for a mail order bride didn't he pretend to be a Nazi?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Beenherebefore

Quote from: Valmy on March 10, 2014, 04:39:56 PM
The last time Norgy went looking for a mail order bride didn't he pretend to be a Nazi?

Define "pretend".
The artist formerly known as Norgy

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

:hug:
In your honor tonight I will finally drink that bottle of Nøgne ø Imperial Stout I've had in the back of the fridge.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Beenherebefore

Quote from: derspiess on March 10, 2014, 04:55:31 PM

:hug:
In your honor tonight I will finally drink that bottle of Nøgne ø Imperial Stout I've had in the back of the fridge.

That must've been fairly expensive.

Microbrewing has hit Norway, and boy, they be brewing. Nøgne Ø were among the first, and they probably know their stuff. But in general, I would be a sceptic to beer from a country with such an amazing deficit of cereals for human consumption as Norway.

In any case, cheers, man! With some water here, obviously.

crazy canuck

A quote I heard attributed to Stalin is that it doesnt matter how fair the vote is, it just matters who does the counting - so with that in mind when the Crimea votes 99% in favour of joining Russia, what will the West do about it?

Beenherebefore

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2014, 05:07:42 PM
A quote I heard attributed to Stalin is that it doesnt matter how fair the vote is, it just matters who does the counting - so with that in mind when the Crimea votes 99% in favour of joining Russia, what will the West do about it?

Most likely, nothing and then an extra round of nada. And eighteen kilos of we're sorry.

The Crimean peninsula didn't really belong to the Ukraine anyway. It's of utmost strategic importance to that bare-chested arse in the Kremlin, so there is no way they're going to say okay, we'll withdraw.

The scumbaggery of Putin's making has just begun.

Razgovory

Sadly nothing.  If it were up to me, I'd send troops to drive the Reds out and back to Muscovy, but nobody in government asks me for advice.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on March 10, 2014, 05:14:49 PM
Sadly nothing.  If it were up to me, I'd send troops to drive the Reds out and back to Muscovy, but nobody in government asks me for advice.

Hey, slow it down. I'm fairly near a prime nuke target.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 10, 2014, 05:16:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 10, 2014, 05:14:49 PM

Hey, slow it down. I'm fairly near a prime nuke target.

They launch an ICBM and the only casualties will be the family of mice living in the old warheads.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: katmai on March 10, 2014, 02:00:25 PM
I don't get the big deal, he frigging keeps mucking up my Facebook feed with his silly language. :P

Well, maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal if you'd let us know that.  We thought he was dead.

Beenherebefore

Quote from: dps on March 10, 2014, 05:38:43 PM
Quote from: katmai on March 10, 2014, 02:00:25 PM
I don't get the big deal, he frigging keeps mucking up my Facebook feed with his silly language. :P

Well, maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal if you'd let us know that.  We thought he was dead.

If it's any consolation, I have wished I was dead about 57 times in the last couple of years. So I am suicidal on a bi-weekly basis.