News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 03, 2014, 01:15:48 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 03, 2014, 12:26:05 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 03, 2014, 12:21:31 PM
But who has more polar bears?

Canada. According to the WWF, World population is 20-25k, 15k are located in Canada.

Not for much longer.  Polar bear cub mortality rates have gone up to 25% over the last 7 years.  Enjoy them while they last, before they all finally drown, starve and fade away.

I would think they would fester like a sore and stink like rotten meat.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 03, 2014, 12:26:05 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 03, 2014, 12:21:31 PM
But who has more polar bears?

Canada. According to the WWF, World population is 20-25k, 15k are located in Canada.

The solution, obviously, is for Mounties to ride into combat on the backs of armoured bears to cleanse the Arctic of the Russian hordes.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

Syt, that picture is awesome. The enemy are gay nazis.  :lol:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 03, 2014, 01:18:28 PM
I would think they would fester like a sore and stink like rotten meat.

It'll get warm, but not that warm.

Berkut

It is interesting that the Russians quickly go to WW2 for their propaganda "boogey-man". Does that actually resonate in some part of their target audience?

For me it just makes me go "Huh? Nazis? Really?"
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

I can't tell: is that demon got satyr's legs, or just wearing fishnet thigh highs?

In either case, I assume that's the Jew in the illustration.

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on March 03, 2014, 01:29:25 PM
It is interesting that the Russians quickly go to WW2 for their propaganda "boogey-man". Does that actually resonate in some part of their target audience?

Russia is a sort of modern country in the internet age. This won't work so well.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

If this counts, it sends a chill up my spine to see Russia falling back on old Soviet propaganda techniques.

Ed Anger

Just like in Red Storm Rising.

EMERGERD, SIEGE WAS RIGHT
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: alfred russel on March 03, 2014, 01:22:56 PM
Syt, that picture is awesome. The enemy are gay nazis.  :lol:
And on the red side of Slavic glory is a nice German family murdered by Slavs.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

What's the deal on the hair on the Brady Bunch?  Are those hats or Slavfros?

Neil

I think they might be fur-lined hoods.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

It does resonate, especially since there is a very loose historical connection.  A lot of Ukrainian patriots really were allied with the Fascists, and the Russians can't comprehend why they would want to do that, other than because they were true fascists.  The Russians view fascism as such an absolute evil, with some justification, that they don't see opposition to Stalin as being in any way an excuse.  This also comes up with the Baltics a lot, so expect to hear the same arguments there once Russia is done with Ukraine.