News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

It was no trouble.  I was happy to do it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: alfred russel on March 24, 2014, 08:56:29 PM
To understand the male demographics I think we have to look closer at the females. Have you seen how hot slavic women are in their 20s and what the babuskas look like? I think the males simply lose the will to go on.
:lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Beenherebefore on March 25, 2014, 01:06:08 PM
Agreed, yet income inequality is rising in the old western countries. A lot of it may be contributed to our reluctance to tax capital investment and the profits thereof the same way we tax wage income. Then again, that might stifle investment, something that's direly needed in many places.

Catch 22 or something.
I can't say I really have that strong an opinion either way, but I would if I had family and children.

We're doing it to ourselves. The places where the poor are getting richer are the places with less...structure.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 25, 2014, 05:34:09 PM
We're doing it to ourselves. The places where the poor are getting richer are the places with less...structure.

How much less structure are we talking about here?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Outlived his usefulness?  :tinfoil:

Ukraine far-right leader Muzychko dies 'in police raid'

A Ukrainian ultra-nationalist leader has been shot dead in what officials describe as a special forces operation.

Oleksandr Muzychko, better known as Sashko Bily, died in a shoot-out with police in a cafe in Rivne in western Ukraine, the interior ministry said.

He was a leader of Right Sector, a far-right group which was prominent in the recent anti-government protests.

Meanwhile, Ukraine's parliament has voted to accept the resignation of Defence Minister Ihor Tenyukh.

Mr Tenyukh had been accused of indecision in the face of Russia's military takeover of Crimea.

The shooting of Muzychko happened just hours after Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov had held talks with his Ukrainian counterpart Andriy Deshchytsia - their first meeting since Russia's move into Crimea triggered a diplomatic crisis.

Russia accused him of atrocities in Chechnya

As a Right Sector leader he participated in Maidan anti-government protests in Kiev
Far right in Ukraine revolution

Ukraine's Deputy Interior Minister Vladimir Yevdokimov said Muzychko died after opening fire at police and Sokol special forces, who had raided a cafe to arrest him and fellow ultra-nationalists. The authorities described Muzychko as a criminal gang-leader.

During the raid, Muzychko fired at police as he was trying to flee, wounding one of them. Police then returned fire and captured him and three others in his "criminal gang", Mr Yevdokimov said.

"He was still alive as they were arresting him - but then the paramedics, called to the scene, found that he had died," Mr Yevdokimov said. The three arrested gang members have been taken to Kiev for questioning.

A Right Sector organiser in Rivne has now threatened revenge for the killing of Muzychko, saying he had not been summoned by investigators.

"We will avenge ourselves on [Interior Minister] Arsen Avakov for the death of our brother. The shooting of Sashko Bily is a contract killing ordered by the minister," said Roman Koval of the Right Sector in Rivne region, quoted by the Ukrayinska Pravda website.

Earlier, a Ukrainian MP, Oles Doniy, gave a different version of events. He said two cars had forced Muzychko's car to stop, and he had then been dragged into one of the other cars. Later his body was found dumped, his hands tied behind his back and two bullet wounds in his heart, Doniy wrote overnight on his Facebook page

rest of item here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26729273
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Hey guys, I heard that Right Sector dude got whacked.  Anybody got an article or  link to post?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on March 26, 2014, 08:31:25 AM
Hey guys, I heard that Right Sector dude got whacked.  Anybody got an article or  link to post?

Nope, it's all heresay & twitter speak.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

First time I hear about that. Hope somebody posts an article.

Solmyr

Quote from: celedhring on March 26, 2014, 10:16:53 AM

http://lenta.ru/articles/2014/03/25/beliy/

:P

celedhring

Quote from: Solmyr on March 26, 2014, 10:32:57 AM
Quote from: celedhring on March 26, 2014, 10:16:53 AM

http://lenta.ru/articles/2014/03/25/beliy/

:P

You know, I'd love to understand that article to see the spin they put on it, since Russia has been accusing the Ukranian government of being in the pocket of Right Sector so they could pogrom all the Russians in the east.

derspiess

Quote from: celedhring on March 26, 2014, 10:53:49 AM
You know, I'd love to understand that article to see the spin they put on it, since Russia has been accusing the Ukranian government of being in the pocket of Right Sector so they could pogrom all the Russians in the east.

Chrome has a handy "translate" button that pops up for me.  Here's the raw translation:

QuoteEvening of March 24 in the Ukraine was killed by one of the leaders of the radical nationalist association "Right sector" Alexander Muzychko nicknamed Sasha White. In the local press and social networks, a version that he was kidnapped and then shot dead by unknown (it was even suggested that his abduction allegedly organized the "Russian saboteurs"). However, it later transpired that the radical was killed during a raid on his detention he had MVD officers armed resistance and was fatally wounded in the ensuing firefight. Muzychko, coordinate the activities of the "right sector" in the west of Ukraine, received notoriety after came to a meeting of the regional council with a gun, attacked prosecutors and threatened to "hang" the Interior Minister.

The news of the death of nationalist appeared in social networks on the night of March 25. Verkhovna Rada deputy Oles Dony wrote in Facebook, that car in the Rivne region radical "pruned" some cars, he was allegedly shoved into one of them, and after a while, "thrown to the ground - hands behind his back in handcuffs, two shots in the heart . " Something similar and journalist told the TV channel "1 +1" Alexander Kursik. "They say in Rivne shot Sasha White. The first version is that - three minibuses, kidnapped, shot taken ... "- wrote it.

Version of the kidnapping and subsequent murder was supported by the local media. Occurred while they described differently. Some argued that unknown stole Muzychko and several representatives of the "right sector", and then brought them to the village Barmaki (Rivne region), located in the vicinity of a cafe. Others claimed that the activists "Sector" were, in contrast, are captured in said cafe where rested evening of March 24.

It is noteworthy that in the "right sector" version of the involvement of "Russian spies" to murder (with the assumption acted, in particular, Rivne edition of "All" ) is not supported. Even before it became aware of the special operation Muzychko associates said that he was eliminated on the instructions MIA.

On the morning of Tuesday, March 25, confirmed the death Muzychko ATC ​​Rivne region. The department reported that the night before in the cafe located in the village Barmaki, a fight broke out. By the time local police arrived on a call, the representative of the "right sector" was already dead. His body was found gunshot wounds.

In connection with an event, as noted in the press service of the regional police department, criminal proceedings have commenced under "Murder." "Inspection of the scene is completed, likely witnesses interviewed," - reported in the department.

And only after it became known that the village Barmaki conducted special operation to detain Muzychko and his associates. This was said at a press conference, Deputy Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine Vladimir Evdokimov. According to him, Muzychko, held on charges of disorderly conduct and countering law enforcement agencies, from mid-March was wanted. The operation to arrest him were involved fighters "Falcon" (police special forces, which provides power support during detention or eliminate gangs, anti-terrorist operations, freeing hostages).

The official version of the Interior Ministry, as events unfolded. Muzychko saw security forces opened fire, wounding one of the men "Falcon". He began shooting in response, in the ensuing firefight radical was also injured. As a result, he managed to twist (in the Ministry of Internal Affairs said that even when Muzychko knocked to the ground, "he continued firing"). However, he received wounds were fatal.

Muzychko Alexander (second from left) to "Evromaydane"
Muzychko Alexander (second from left) to "Evromaydane"
During the operation, three persons were detained (in the Interior Ministry called their members "grouping Sasha White", without specifying whether they are members of the "right sectors"). They were seized firearms. Detainees already taken for interrogation to Kiev. "The actions of the gang are clearly visible signs of banditry. Enhanced created task force to ensure the investigation, "- said Evdokimov.

Local police, judging by her behavior on a special operation to detain Muzychko not know. Even the police, who arrived at the cafe on call (according to official sources), no one has explained what really happened there. We can assume that the security forces did not want to join the "right sector" into open conflict in the western Ukraine, where nationalists enjoyed considerable support, and therefore took measures so that the information about the involvement of Ministry of Internal Affairs to the night events has not got to the "sector" ahead of time (MIA statement had already been done after the detainees were taken to companions Muzychko Kiev).

However, the conflict with the "right sectors" to avoid still failed. Radicals have already declared that they considered the incident "contract killing", which is responsible for personally Interior Minister Arsen Avakov. Muzychko colleagues argue that any summons on criminal cases, and he did not get that fire in the cafe were not satisfied.

Forgive authorities Muzychko death "Right sector", as stated by its activists are not going to. "These embezzlers until yesterday were just embezzlers who plundered the budget, shared office - said the centurion," Sector "Alexander Pantyuhov. - But yesterday killers. Blood on their hands nationalist patriot. " "They destroyed ... a man who knew almost all Ukraine - echoed association coordinator in Rivne region Roman Koval. - We will take revenge for the death of Arsen Avakov our brother. "

In the biography of Bellamy White, whom now going to avenge the radicals had a membership in the nationalist organization UNA-UNSO part in the hostilities in Chechnya (for the separatists), a failed attempt to run for parliament and participating in "Evromaydane." During the "revolution" it, according to the "View" , negative comments about opposition leaders and performed with anti-Semitic statements.

Wide fame to nationalist came after he appeared with a gun at a meeting of the regional council. Then he announced that he was not going to surrender their weapons and offered wishing to try to take away his gun. Shortly thereafter Muzychko came to the prosecutor where the prosecutor struck. He outlined his claim siloviki (related, in particular, with a murder investigation in a village), peppering his speech with abusive words.

According to information deputy of the Verkhovna Rada, the former head of the Crimean militia Gennady Moskal, nationalist and extortion in the territory of Rivne region. Thus, the chief of traffic police Dubenskogo as claimed parliamentarian Muzychko and his supporters took 10 thousand dollars "on the needs of the revolution and victims." One of the companies in Rivne, according to the deputy, they expropriated the same number of vehicles - as "the needs of the revolution." The same deputy reported that the Directorate of Internal Affairs in the Rivne region provided "right sector" database disbanded Special Forces "Berkut", and also allowed Muzychko attend operational meetings. Instead, as noted, the radicals agreed not to insist on a change in the leadership of the local police.

"I continuously receives messages from residents of Rivne the atrocities Sasha White, who declared himself the Gauleiter of Western Ukraine and compromises everything that stood Evromaydan" - outraged Moskal. He repeatedly appealed to the Ministry of Internal Affairs to the new leadership to take action.

As you know, "Right sector" played a key role in Ukraine occurred "revolution." Its activists clashed with police and the seizure of administrative buildings. After the change of power, the radicals decided to consolidate its influence in politics: they announced the formation of the party, and the leader of the "Sector" Dmitry Jaros decided to run for president. "This is a political force that has teeth - noted political analyst Konstantin Bondarenko. -If the same [Nationalist Party] "Freedom" said that their main goal was relatively speaking - to give a face Donetsk bandits, these do not talk about it, they do. That is the difference. And they thus recruit supporters, develop their success. "

Meanwhile actions Muzychko steel displease even the supporters of the "Maidan". Some pointed out that from the "revolutionary" methods of time would have to give up, others pointed out that the activities of Sasha White and others like it spoils the image of Ukraine abroad. "So people have no place in a civilized society. I'd like to recommend to people or organizations who cared for his name, no way to associate themselves with such people, "- said the leader of the "Ocean Elzy" Vakarchuk.

Drew attention to what is happening and the new Interior Minister Arsen Avakov, who described the behavior of the representative of the "right sector" "bestiality and betrayal Maidan." Upon the attack on the prosecutor at the end of February, it was a criminal case, but law enforcement authorities to detain Muzychko no hurry. Deputy Prime Minister Vitaly Yarema essentially admitted that aggravate relations with the authorities do not want radicals. "Everyone knows what happened violation of public order, criminal offense is committed, - said it about the incident in the prosecutor's office. - But all this happened in the wake of revolutionary action, revolutionary situation ... And hold on to these people forceful actions by law enforcement agencies - that means again stir up society. "

Muzychko against this background openly mocked the authorities and threatened to "hang" the Interior Minister. "Right sector" while calling for the resignation of Avakov, stating that he failed to perform its duties. In mid-March, continuing the theme of confrontation with the security forces, Muzychko also issued a statement that the Interior Ministry and Prosecutor General's Office allegedly preparing to kill him or to give Russia wanted him on charges of banditry.

As a result, the new government yet ventured to strain relations. Thus it has demonstrated its power to citizens. How to put a former deputy interior minister Nikolay Jig, "finally we can say that in the country there was MIA, any armed resistance must be crushed by force of power." On the other hand, this point was not selected too successful. The new leadership of Ukraine, including the heads of law enforcement agencies, has been actively criticized for the "loss of the Crimea." Already lost his post Defense Minister Igor Tenyukh. And require the resignation of interim President Alexander Turchinov. Confrontation with the radicals may be for the present government no less serious test of strength.
Mikhail Tishchenko
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall