Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on March 05, 2014, 05:22:46 AM
Guardian:

QuoteRussian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov has repeated President Putin's claim that it is not Russian troops occupying military bases in Crimea. Speaking in Madrid in remarks shown on Russian television, he said "self-defence" forces who do not answer to Moscow were occupying the bases and so Russia could not order them to leave.

QuoteShaun Walker: Continual denials mindblowing. Isn't Lavrov worried how these independent. self-defence brigades have stolen/acquired Russian mil vehicles?

QuoteAbdujalilA: Correction:License plates of military vehicles in Belbek show they r from zone 21 i.e North Caucasus #Crimea #Ukraine

Well, if they aren't Russian soliders they can't complain if they are killed in airstrikes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 05, 2014, 10:26:40 AM
State run MickeyDs.

... after waiting in line 3 hours, you get - a bun.

And a toy based on last year's Disney cartoon.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on March 05, 2014, 10:27:24 AM
Well, if they aren't Russian soliders they can't complain if they are killed in airstrikes.

Confusing use of pronouns. Obviously the "they" that aren't Russian soldiers can't complain if airstrikes kill them. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Can we execute them under Geneva Conventions? :shifty:

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on March 05, 2014, 10:33:58 AM

I do not think so.  They clearly have uniforms and a command structure.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Jacob

Quote from: frunk on March 04, 2014, 09:31:15 PM
Quote from: Hansmeister on March 04, 2014, 07:58:18 PM
First off, stop ruling stuff out. Any statements made should include the phrase "all options are on the table". Create as much uncertainty as possible as to how far we are willing to so as to make Putin hesitate as to how to proceed.

Then, don't talk in a conciliatory manner.  Don't talk about the UN, or a fact finding mission, or negotiations, or settlements.  At this point any appeal to reason is seen simply as weakness. Talk about punitive actions, economic, political, and military.  If a reporter asks an outlandish question such as "will you consider a nuclear first strike", the response needs to be " at this point all options are on the table".  Of course we will not do a nuclear first strike, the point is to make it clear that we're angry and will punish Russia. Putin needs to think "fuck, this time I went too far", or the situation will just continue to deteriorate until things go too far.  At this point belligerence is the best way to prevent war.

I think this is one of the few Hans posts on which I unequivocally agree.

Yeah, I can't find much to argue with either.

Viking

Quote from: Syt on March 05, 2014, 06:58:17 AM
http://en.itar-tass.com/world/722215

QuoteOSLO, March 5. /ITAR-TASS/. Russia's President Vladimir Putin has been nominated for Nobel Peace Prize.

Ok, someone's seriously trolling there ... :lol:

Not a joke.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/02/world/europe/group-nominates-putin-for-nobel-peace-prize.html?ref=world&_r=1&

nomination is from 2013 and is for his efforts to prevent a war in syria (because we all know that only US participation makes a war a war).

and

http://nobelpeaceprize.org/en_GB/nomination_committee/who-can-nominate/

the list of people who can nominate is, eh, generously liberal

QuoteAccording to the statutes of the Nobel Foundation, a nomination is considered valid if it is submitted by a person who falls within one of the following categories:

Members of national assemblies and governments of states

Members of international courts

University rectors; professors of social sciences, history, philosophy, law and theology; directors of peace research institutes and foreign policy institutes

Persons who have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize

Board members of organizations that have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize

Active and former members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee; (proposals by members of the Committee to be submitted no later than at the first meeting of the Committee after February 1)

Former advisers to the Norwegian Nobel Committee
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Monoriu

Given their track record, I think there is a non-zero chance that Putin will actually win  :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: Viking on March 05, 2014, 10:53:10 AM
Not a joke.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/02/world/europe/group-nominates-putin-for-nobel-peace-prize.html?ref=world&_r=1&

nomination is from 2013 and is for his efforts to prevent a war in syria (because we all know that only US participation makes a war a war).

I knew that was what it was for.  Syrians are very fortunate they have been spared the horrors of war thanks to his efforts.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Well last year he was nominated by Russia's International Academy of Spiritual Unity and Cooperation. Probably them again:
http://www.indexoncensorship.org/2013/10/nominated-vladimir-putin-nobel-peace-prize/
Let's bomb Russia!

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on March 05, 2014, 10:33:58 AM

No, unfortunately, that ended in 1949 when Germans kept getting off war crimes tribunals for masscring partisans. Franc Tireurs are now protected.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Viking on March 05, 2014, 10:58:11 AM
No, unfortunately, that ended in 1949 when Germans kept getting off war crimes tribunals for masscring partisans. Franc Tireurs are now protected.

I think the US never signed that annex.  :shifty: