Japan bans RAPE games = 10-20% of their games industry.

Started by Syt, June 02, 2009, 01:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Palisadoes

Doesn't Japan have a really low rape rate anyway? Pretty pointless.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on June 03, 2009, 01:04:28 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 03, 2009, 12:35:31 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 02, 2009, 09:37:43 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 02, 2009, 09:11:10 PM
And is most definitely not an indicator of any kind of cultural shift or Hod forbid growth.
I'm surprised to find you so judgemental.

Why? I've always taken a hard line of that aspect of Japan. I still love it there, and would go back, could I afford it. (though not indefinitely or anything) Japan has the cultural sophistication of both the Past and The Future. It's what makes it so whacky and interesting.
Japan has the world's last remaining pre-dreadnought battleship.  They are beyond reproach.

Still, what makes their sexual hangups any more problematic than yours?

Mine don't involve tying up children.
:p

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Palisadoes on June 03, 2009, 07:15:42 PM

"reported rape rate" actually, yes. very low. It's institutionalized as integral to the culture.... and rape as crime has to be way horrific for any cops or courts to take it seriously. Japan is more denial than the worst comb-over you've ever seen. About a lot of things, but this is the biggest.

Neil

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 03, 2009, 09:13:23 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 03, 2009, 01:04:28 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 03, 2009, 12:35:31 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 02, 2009, 09:37:43 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 02, 2009, 09:11:10 PM
And is most definitely not an indicator of any kind of cultural shift or Hod forbid growth.
I'm surprised to find you so judgemental.

Why? I've always taken a hard line of that aspect of Japan. I still love it there, and would go back, could I afford it. (though not indefinitely or anything) Japan has the cultural sophistication of both the Past and The Future. It's what makes it so whacky and interesting.
Japan has the world's last remaining pre-dreadnought battleship.  They are beyond reproach.

Still, what makes their sexual hangups any more problematic than yours?

Mine don't involve tying up children.
There's nothing inherently wrong with that.  Just ask Siegebreaker.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Palisadoes

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 03, 2009, 09:17:13 PM
Quote from: Palisadoes on June 03, 2009, 07:15:42 PM

"reported rape rate" actually, yes. very low. It's institutionalized as integral to the culture.... and rape as crime has to be way horrific for any cops or courts to take it seriously. Japan is more denial than the worst comb-over you've ever seen. About a lot of things, but this is the biggest.
What... so like... a woman has to oblige to her conjugal 'duty', type thing? My kind of place! :lol:

The Japanese have a strange culture...

CountDeMoney

As far as cultures with sexual hang ups go, Japan is definitely the coolest.

Josquius

10-20%?
I'm doubting that...there's just not enough of these games that I'm aware of. Maybe they speak of h-games in general?
Or maybe I'm kept in the dark for my own good.
██████
██████
██████

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Tyr on June 04, 2009, 04:53:34 AM
10-20%?
I'm doubting that...there's just not enough of these games that I'm aware of. Maybe they speak of h-games in general?
Or maybe I'm kept in the dark for my own good.

I think that's a high number actually. If you go into game stores there... that section is not 10-20% of the store... more like under %5. Small section. (And that's Hentai games altogether.)

Manga and Anime has more incidence of rape fantasy than games concentrated on it.

dps

Quote from: Siege on June 03, 2009, 04:33:43 PM

Yeah, but is it in service?

There is no fucking way in hell Japan have a 100 years old battleship in service.

If you were a real American, you'd know that we have ships older than that in service.  Yeah, they're in service as museums, but they're still technically on the active rolls, and the tour guides are actual naval personnel.  (This doesn't apply to evey museum ship--in fact most of them are decommissioned.)

HisMajestyBOB

While we're talking about Asians and their weird attitudes towards sex, ~5% of Korean women are prostitutes and it accounts for ~1.6% of GDP. Despite it technically being illegal.

And they're everywhere, too. You can't walk down the block in any city without seeing love motels and "massage" parlors.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

Quote from: dps on June 04, 2009, 11:44:01 PM
Quote from: Siege on June 03, 2009, 04:33:43 PM

Yeah, but is it in service?

There is no fucking way in hell Japan have a 100 years old battleship in service.

If you were a real American, you'd know that we have ships older than that in service.  Yeah, they're in service as museums, but they're still technically on the active rolls, and the tour guides are actual naval personnel.  (This doesn't apply to evey museum ship--in fact most of them are decommissioned.)

The Constitution not only is commissioned but can sail.  Impressive for a 200 year old boat.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017