How much did WWI put Europe back?

Started by Razgovory, November 25, 2013, 05:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on November 25, 2013, 04:50:44 PM
Quote from: The Brain on November 25, 2013, 04:19:04 PM
Is there anything Americans do every day?

Whinge.

Clearly that would be a British thing. We don't speak that way. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on November 25, 2013, 04:50:44 PM

Whinge.

Americans never whinge.  We do not even whine about whinging.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grinning_Colossus

Shit, we don't even know how to pronounce whinge.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Ideologue

Pray we still have jobs tomorrow.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 25, 2013, 01:28:32 PM
No, that's just European quaintness.  Like how they still buy fresh bread daily and shit.
I think it also has something to do with availability and security of petroleum supplies.  Most European countries didn't have oil, and so wasting it on huge numbers of trucks was something they couldn't afford to do.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2013, 04:29:39 PM
I don't think one can get citizenship in the Republic of Texas anymore :hmm:

Your foreign Senator seems to think otherwise.

QuoteSen. Ted Cruz cracked on Congress and the whole D.C. political culture with a recent Twitter message pointing to the brewing battle: Inside the Beltway vs. Beyond the Beltway.

His tweet: "It's great to be back home — I've spent the past month in Washington, D.C., and it is great to be back in America!"

Nice.

Neil

I wouldn't take that as an attack on the poisonous political culture created by the Democrats in Washington, but rather his discomfort at being in a city with so many blacks.  He's Canadian, and we aren't built for that sort of thing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Could someone hit Tim?  Please.  He deserves it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017