Yale University on lockdown after report of gunman headed toward campus

Started by garbon, November 25, 2013, 02:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/person-gun-yale-campus-sparks-shelter-place-alert-article-1.1528266

QuoteYale University is currently on lockdown after reports of a gunman on its campus.

Police are searching the New Haven, Conn. school after an anonymous 911 call came through shortly after 9:30 a.m. informing local police his roommate was enroute to the school to "shoot people," authorities said.

"We have a caller who stated that his roommate was the person coming toward campus with a gun," officer David Hartman with the New Haven Police Department said at a media briefing.

The call lasted "just a few seconds," Hartman said.

The school has been sending periodic updates on the ongoing search, urging people to stay away from the Old Campus area.

"There are confirmed reports of a person with a gun on campus on the Old Campus. The shelter-in-place/lockdown continues," the university wrote on their website. "Teams from Yale Police, New Haven and the State Police are on the scene and are actively searching for any gunman."

Hartman said that witnesses reported seeing a man with a "long gun" that could either be a rifle or shotgun.

"We rely heavily on what witnesses are telling us," Hartman said.

Authorities are investigating and anyone with information is encouraged to call 911. People are urged to avoid the campus area.

"There is no change in the campus status. We do not have additional information at this time. Those on campus should continue shelter in place," school's most recent alert at 12:54 p.m. said.

Students began their holiday break on Saturday, so there were no classes this week. They are not expected to resume until Dec. 2.
"If we had school in session, this would be a much more difficult thing to tackle," Hartman added.

The alert comes as authorities in Newtown prepare to release a report about the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary,
Twenty children and six teachers were killed in that horrific attack. The deadly school shooting left schools throughout the country on high alert, with sightings of possible gunmen sparking lockdowns occurring frequently across the United States.

Ugh, looked like Tim wrote this article. There were numerous spelling mistakes!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

mongers

Spelling, punctuation and grammar carnage caused by gunman, who may or may not of killed some people.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"