50th Anniversary of the Assassination of President Kennedy.

Started by mongers, November 22, 2013, 02:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Just been watching the remembrance service from Dealy Plaza, seemed appropriately solemn and low key, well done I thought, save for that blow-hard politician going on and on. Did no one think to say to him, just keep it to 2-3 minutes ?

So any thoughts or musings in lght of this anniversary ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on November 22, 2013, 02:03:53 PM

That unbridled modern cynicism and "the oceans of debunking revisionism so unsparing", as someone in Politico put it today, makes us lose sight of how much a paradigm change his short presidency actually was.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 22, 2013, 02:08:13 PM

That unbridled modern cynicism and "the oceans of debunking revisionism so unsparing", as someone in Politico put it today, makes us lose sight of how much a paradigm change his short presidency actually was.

+1.

Incidentally I was due around that time, but was late, so was born 3 weeks later.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: The Brain on November 22, 2013, 02:53:36 PM
Did LBJ really fuck his skull? Or is that just a myth?

Appropriate thread ?

It could go in my daleks vs dallas 1pm one ?

Valmy

You had to be there :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on November 22, 2013, 03:23:23 PM
You had to be there :P

To see his threesome with Marilyn Monroe and Jeannie Carmen?  Oh, hells yeah.

CountDeMoney

And he bagged Liz Taylor, too.  GREATEST PRESIDENT EVAH

11B4V

What crap.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on November 22, 2013, 03:27:42 PM

What crap.

See what I mean, Mongers?  This is what happens when you don't get a humanities education.  Throg smash!!!

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 22, 2013, 03:28:56 PM

What crap.

See what I mean, Mongers?  This is what happens when you don't get a humanities education.  Throg smash!!!

:D

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 22, 2013, 03:28:56 PM

What crap.

You dems need to stick together.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

What crap.

Agreed, only an idiot would lose sight of the paradigm change which occurred during his presidency.

Savonarola

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 22, 2013, 03:31:06 PM

What crap.

Agreed, only an idiot would lose sight of the paradigm change which occurred during his presidency.

It was Paradigm Lost  :(

Of Oswald's deadly gunfire, and the knoll
From which a thousand theories have been launched
Brought loss of innocence unto our land
With death of Camelot, till lesser Ted
Amused us, from the height of his bar-stool
Sing, Heavenly Muse, that, on the secret top
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

mongers

AP wire report of JFK shot:

not sure if it's the very first report.