And there was much rejoicing. (Monty Python reunion)

Started by The Larch, November 21, 2013, 11:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

A bit more now that I have access to a keyboard.

A great atmosphere in the O2, lots of Gumbies and Spanish Inquisitors around.
Show opens with a short Graham Chapman clip, to roaring applause. Then the guys come out.

It's a very well produced show, although the sound quality was lacking a little. Eric has clearly done most of the work, including a number of musical-like parts. I didn't care much for them, but looks good and I guess it works. Both Jones and Gilliam seemed to be going through the motions at times, Jones needing cue cards on at least two occasions and Gilliam butchering the Gumby flower sketch. But, especially at the end, there was some real chemistry. Palin, Idle and a very hoarse Cleese cracking each other up, going off script a few times, great stuff.
And the encore, of course, Always look on the bright side of life.

Definitely worth a trip to London.  :bowler:

Josephus

I would love to see them. Yes, as that dead parrot sketch gif shows, they've gotten older, and yeah, we're gonna be laughing at jokes I've heard a million times.

But I'd love to see them.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Mal, Tamas, how early should I arrive to the O2 before the show? It starts at 18h, but I guess that I should be there at least one hour ahead of schedule to allow enough time to reach my seat.

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on July 08, 2014, 11:45:16 AM
Mal, Tamas, how early should I arrive to the O2 before the show? It starts at 18h, but I guess that I should be there at least one hour ahead of schedule to allow enough time to reach my seat.

It was told to start at 7PM with gates opening at 6PM, we got there just a bit after 6PM, half of the audience didn't bother showing up until around 7:30PM (well, didn't bother leaving the snack shops at least), and the whole thing started just before 8PM.

Tamas

Quote from: Josephus on July 07, 2014, 06:03:19 PM
I would love to see them. Yes, as that dead parrot sketch gif shows, they've gotten older, and yeah, we're gonna be laughing at jokes I've heard a million times.

But I'd love to see them.

It was cool. I am a fan but not somebody who knows all their stuff by heart, so I enjoyed it. It is a final farewell and is treated such by everyone.

My only trouble was this half-drunk Scandinavian guy close to me who went into hysterical prolonged laughter after almost every sentence.

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on July 08, 2014, 11:48:36 AM

It was told to start at 7PM with gates opening at 6PM, we got there just a bit after 6PM, half of the audience didn't bother showing up until around 7:30PM (well, didn't bother leaving the snack shops at least), and the whole thing started just before 8PM.

Cool, then I have time for an extended lunch that day.  :lol: Is there lot of merchandising on sale? I'd LOVE to get a t-shirt with my sketch on it.  :ph34r:

Tamas

There were some, we didn't really check them out.

Maladict

Quote from: Tamas on July 08, 2014, 11:48:36 AM

Yes, it started around 19.40 at my show.

Maladict

Quote from: The Larch on July 08, 2014, 11:58:07 AM

Cool, then I have time for an extended lunch that day.  :lol: Is there lot of merchandising on sale? I'd LOVE to get a t-shirt with my sketch on it.  :ph34r:

Plenty of merchandise, but not a lot of variety. I didn't spot any larches :(

Maladict

Yes. Here's a pic I took of the booth. The green shirt is the shrubbery one.

The Larch