News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So my dad just lost his job.

Started by Razgovory, November 18, 2013, 04:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Actually his bosses have been complaining that he has been in that position to long.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on November 18, 2013, 07:27:58 PM
Actually his bosses have been complaining that he has been in that position to long.

:(

Time the bosses were sacked ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on November 18, 2013, 07:27:58 PM

He might want to look into an age complaint with the EEOC then.

http://www.eeoc.gov/employees/charge.cfm
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

That's what we were wondering.  He may consult a lawyer, but knowing my dad, he may not.  He's a pretty passive guy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

Since he is passive, remind him to grab every benefit available to him. He's paid taxes all this time so it's his time to grab everything not nailed down.

Capetan Mihali

Shit, Raz.  :(  How's your mom getting along with your dad/the family?  Is she working?  Is your brother still drinking away his wages, or is he likely to be able to contribute at some point?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Grinning_Colossus

Sorry Raz. :(

Given the job market and his age, lawyering up might be wise. What field does he work in?
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 18, 2013, 06:31:59 PM
Exactly as much as those workers think about him.

Nonsense.  In these days of 401Ks lots of workers want him to do well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Sorry Raz.  Is there SS in his near future, at least? :unsure:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 18, 2013, 07:48:34 PM
Shit, Raz.  :(  How's your mom getting along with your dad/the family?  Is she working?  Is your brother still drinking away his wages, or is he likely to be able to contribute at some point?

Mother still taking classes online, brother still an abusive drunk.  We'll probably lose the house. Hopefully we'll have somewhere to live after that.  The big problem is health insurance, he's on a lot of meds from several brushes with death.  Heart attacks, diabetes, flesh eating bacteria (no seriously).

He is (was) a computer programer.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on November 18, 2013, 08:18:12 PM

I don't know, I don't think he can even fit in his old uniform, besides the old ODESSA network is pretty slim these days.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on November 18, 2013, 09:18:00 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 18, 2013, 08:18:12 PM

I don't know, I don't think he can even fit in his old uniform, besides the old ODESSA network is pretty slim these days.

:lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on November 18, 2013, 09:15:19 PM

It may not be at the wages he once had, but I don't think he'll have a problem finding a job.

Unless he's been doing it all this time without getting any industrial certifications because he didn't need them as he's worked with the technology since it came into existence, like somebody else I know.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 18, 2013, 09:35:40 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 18, 2013, 09:15:19 PM

It may not be at the wages he once had, but I don't think he'll have a problem finding a job.

Unless he's been doing it all this time without getting any industrial certifications because he didn't need them as he's worked with the technology since it came into existence, like somebody else I know.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.