News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

iMirror: will you buy one?

Started by viper37, November 15, 2013, 07:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/860592058/imirror

Interesting idea.  But I do wonder how it's gonna work with steam in the bathroom?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DontSayBanana

The flaw in the concept is that most of the "simple, monotonous tasks" they list involve two hands.  In theory, it's a time-saver.  In practice, it's just going to either go unused or else have people taking longer in the bathroom.
Experience bij!

The Brain

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 15, 2013, 09:29:33 PM
The flaw in the concept is that most of the "simple, monotonous tasks" they list involve two hands. 

Don't brag.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Shaving, brushing hair and teeth don't.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: viper37 on November 15, 2013, 07:35:53 PM
But I do wonder how it's gonna work with steam in the bathroom?

I don't think Valve are catering to Apple users at the moment, anyways?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Warspite

This would be an excellent status good for discreetly rich types; obviously expensive, but nevertheless tucked away in a (exquisitely modeled) bathroom.

For people without an urge to display wealth, most of these functions are already done by a tablet. Stick a bracket next to your bathroom mirror and you can slap your iPad there for a fraction of the price of this.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Warspite on November 16, 2013, 05:39:19 AM
This would be an excellent status good for discreetly rich types; obviously expensive, but nevertheless tucked away in a (exquisitely modeled) bathroom.

For people without an urge to display wealth, most of these functions are already done by a tablet. Stick a bracket next to your bathroom mirror and you can slap your iPad there for a fraction of the price of this.

That's the point I failed to make.  They're trying to put a spin on it to make it sound practical, but it's just a thin patina on another status symbol.
Experience bij!

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on November 16, 2013, 02:56:09 AM
The flaw in the concept is that most of the "simple, monotonous tasks" they list involve two hands. 

Don't brag.
:lol:

DontSayBanana

Don't brag.

Dude, I want to see hot chicks when I do that, not myself. :yucky:
Experience bij!

garbon

Quote from: DontSayBanana on November 16, 2013, 10:54:44 PM

Don't brag.

Dude, I want to see hot chicks when I do that, not myself. :yucky:

Body image issues strike another victim. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Do gays get turned on looking at themselves?  :hmm:

Eddie Teach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-plPj9LGu8

End is NSFW, but you should already know that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Ugh that led me to this seduction community video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofSmWfPYgU0

Who would want to listen to him? :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.