Microsoft rules duh!
1 (3.7%)
Arrigato, Sony all the way!
5 (18.5%)
Consoles? F-that, PC rig all the way.
17 (63%)
WiiU will always have my heart!
0 (0%)
Waiting to see past holidays to see what Console looks best.
4 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

katmai

So with the new consoles coming out in next two weeks, curious to hear what you guys are thinking.

Xbox One is debuting with more titles, but also reports of 720p being upscaled to 1080p as machine might not be as robust as Sony.

Both are said to need firmware updates out of box otherwise they are unplayable for even home media machines.

So languish what say you?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Waiting a year or so. I hate early adopting. And I'm cheap.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

None for me for a while. I'll stick with my ps3 and Pc.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Yeah I'm not seeing any reason to pull trigger myself, was curious if was only one :D

Razgovory

Haven't owned a console since the SNES way back when.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

PS4 for me. My info is a few months out of date now, but Sony came across as much more indie friendly and that's where my bread is buttered these days. They also seem to have the shit a little more together, which helps.

katmai

As a proud owner of Sexbox 360, from everything i've heard if and when i do upgrade I am leaning to the PS4.

garbon

If I do, it'll probably be PS4 but then I always buy the sony consoles.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

PS3 was first one I didn't buy, and that was just cause of the original sticker price.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 11, 2013, 09:06:09 PM
Waiting a year or so.

Me too.  I'll stay brand loyal with Sony, but I'll wait for the inevitable firmware issues to be resolved after a few versions down the road.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on November 11, 2013, 10:20:15 PM
PS3 was first one I didn't buy, and that was just cause of the original sticker price.

I didn't get PS3 till 2010. Got PS2 in 2007. :D

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

I'd rather have a Steam Machine.

Or an Ouya, or a Gamestick. Or all three; they're cheap.
and the horse you rode in on

Syt

In general I have no problems consoles, if only for sports games which have largely disappeared from the PC.

Current XBox 360 user, but leaning towards PS4, because in the past Sony had more exclusive titles, while a lot of XBox stuff found its way to PC eventually.

Also, PS3 games were generally not region locked, making it a lot easier to get games that weren't published over here (again: sports games). I guess it will likely be the same for PS4?

That said, the launch titles don't exactly sweep me off my feet, so I will probably wait a few months or a year.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Of the two the ps4 seems the best bet but i don't particularly want either in the slightest.
██████
██████
██████