News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Battlefield 4 Action MegaThread!!!

Started by CountDeMoney, October 29, 2013, 02:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Well! I'll just ignore your friend request.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

I don't think he's even on social media.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Played a few Rush rounds of BF4 online the last couple of nights.  Broke my rule of playing through the single person campaign before multiplayer.  I'm a deer in the headlights on these new maps.  My only comfort zone is tanks/AFVs.  Thankfully zoom is unlocked by default, so I can use them as standoff weapons as God intended.  Trajectory for tank gun seems totally changed, though.  Will have to re-learn that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Oh yeah, the ballistics model for both vehicle and firearms projectiles has been changed.

Wait till you see how you have to adjust your scope according to range, from 200 to 1000m.

Ed Anger

I suck at this. Luckily there is a grenade launcher so I can noobtube my way to glory.

Razgovory

I have discovered that I suck at this as well.  Being a fool I thought that a anti-tank rocket might actually destroy a tank.  Or at least a truck.  Nope.  They must keep making their saving throw vs Rods, Staffs and LAWs.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

The new maps for the China Rising expansion are fucking huge.

I unlocked a 20x scope for the 339 Recon.  Holy shit, it makes sniping a whole new, annoying experience.  I can only imagine what the 40x is like.

And this should make 11B spooge:

QuoteThe M1911 pistol scope we promised you as part of our Player Appreciation Program is now accessible in Battlefield 4 on PC, and rolling out on all other platforms during the day. This special sidearm scope has a 3X zoom and can be used by all classes. Previously, the scope has been exclusive to DICE developers.

To access the M1911 pistol scope, you need to have the weapon in question unlocked. If it is, simply go to the loadout screen in-game, equip the M1911 and hit the customize button. Under "Optic", you will find the accessory, marked SCOPE [3X].

Oh yeah, baby.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on December 06, 2013, 01:44:21 AM
I have discovered that I suck at this as well.  Being a fool I thought that a anti-tank rocket might actually destroy a tank.  Or at least a truck.  Nope.  They must keep making their saving throw vs Rods, Staffs and LAWs.

If it's like previous games, the initial AT weapons suck and you'll get access to something more effective later.  AT mines still seem to work.  Hopefully there's a perk or whatever you can unlock like before where you can carry more than 3.

Killing vehicles with AT mines is one of my favorite things to do in this game.  Killing between 2 - 5 guys at a time = fun.  You can almost hear the passengers cussing out the driver for not seeing the mines.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Those little M2 SLAMs are fun, since they stick directly to the vehicles like C4, and can't be seen as easily as mines.

But yeah, I love to drop a mine or SLAM somewhere, and three spawns later, see the KILLED message pop up.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2013, 10:55:11 AM
The new maps for the China Rising expansion are fucking huge.

And the motorcycles are awesome.  Talk about getting somewhere in a hurry. You can get some serious air with those things.

Ed Anger

The Brain

I use Soviet rocket launcher on tanks. The weak armor of American tanks let me one-shot them. Superior T-62s are harder though.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

I looked up my stats. Worse than I thought.

1 kill
11 deaths.

:lol: