News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Taiwan's army new uniforms

Started by viper37, October 29, 2013, 12:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Kinda nice

I could see this for anti-riot police in Montreal.  Would keep the number of injured policemen down.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sheilbh

But I think you've got to strike a balance between police injuries and our horrifying dystopian future.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Remember that time in the 1970s when Japan experimented with similar uniforms for their police's special anti-terrorism division, the Wolf Brigade?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 29, 2013, 12:35:45 AM
But I think you've got to strike a balance between police injuries and our horrifying dystopian future.
You've made it clear you're all for it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

P.S. I have no idea what Tim is talking about; although Sheilbh is woefully enamored with evil politics, I've always supposed it's because he thinks they're amusing insofar as he doesn't live here, in the same way that you or I may find Albert Speer's memoirs to be interesting reading.

Of course, the joke's on him, because it turns out he lives in Dystopian Future Ground Zero.  Imagine a government that can't even afford a boot to stamp on a human face forever.
Kinemalogue

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on October 29, 2013, 02:36:18 AM
P.S. I have no idea what Tim is talking about; although Sheilbh is woefully enamored with evil politics, I've always supposed it's because he thinks they're amusing insofar as he doesn't live here, in the same way that you or I may find Albert Speer's memoirs to be interesting reading.

Of course, the joke's on him, because it turns out he lives in Dystopian Future Ground Zero.  Imagine a government that can't even afford a boot to stamp on a human face forever.
He's been rather up front that civil liberties are not an issue for him at all.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

I guess the guys on the left side of the truck are supposed to stick their head in the door and the guys on the right are supposed to peek over the wall.

Lettow77

Quote from: Ideologue on October 29, 2013, 12:40:03 AM
Remember that time in the 1970s when Japan experimented with similar uniforms for their police's special anti-terrorism division, the Wolf Brigade?

ide pls

pls

ide
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

KRonn

The masks would be even better if painted in garish and scary tones.   :ph34r:

Josquius

It does look quite stereotypically like dystopian future military garb.
██████
██████
██████

Kleves

Aren't those the bad guys in Escape Plan?

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 29, 2013, 01:47:41 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on October 29, 2013, 12:35:45 AM
You've made it clear you're all for it.

He's a traditionalist.
No written constitution, but no armed police either.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

One of those guys is carrying a Sten gun.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on October 29, 2013, 02:36:18 AM

Your dystopia and Tim's are clearly not the same.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?