News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CSI Venezuela

Started by Savonarola, October 22, 2013, 02:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 25, 2014, 06:01:18 PM
His bright yellow track suit makes for piss poor camouflage.

He's ready for battle:

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 25, 2014, 02:50:24 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 25, 2014, 02:47:22 PM
Brazil has been relatively okay for the last decade. If that continues, then maybe it's influence help stabilize the rest of the continent.
The US has been pretty stable for the last century and a half, hasn't helped Mexico much.
But the US has been actively destabilizing Mexico for some years now.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 25, 2014, 03:34:05 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 25, 2014, 02:47:22 PMBrazil has been relatively okay for the last decade. If that continues, then maybe it's influence help stabilize the rest of the continent.
Brazil's nothing like Venezuela :mellow:

I never said it was.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

The rest of the continent is actually pretty stable Tim. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on February 25, 2014, 06:19:28 PM
The rest of the continent is actually pretty stable Tim.

Until Katmai walks on it

Admiral Yi

Finally, footage on CNN!  :w00t:

No violent stuff.  People sitting in the street, lined up behind barricades, banging pots.  No bad guys in sight.  The reporter (a Brit) said he also visited "a working class neighborhood" where people were opposed to Maduro. 

derspiess

Not all opponents are rich guys, Yi. Some lower class folks are also fed up with the situation.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on February 25, 2014, 08:51:22 PM
Not all opponents are rich guys, Yi. Some lower class folks are also fed up with the situation.
I've often thought Yi tends to very materialist analysis for someone who's anti-Marxist :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

what's materialist analysis?

Tamas

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 26, 2014, 10:48:12 AM
what's materialist analysis?

Marx's shtick, or one of them anyway.

derspiess

I never thought Maduro was particularly intelligent, but I didn't know he was stupid enough to know what "S.O.S." meant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GztRO2i2iFI

derspiess

Death toll is apparently "more than 50", instead of the 13 that had been reported.