And we're back!

Main Menu

Hoped DLC for EUIV and CK2?

Started by Queequeg, October 20, 2013, 03:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

CK2

Playable Theocracies.
Expand the map to India and add Hinduism and Buddhism.
Expand the number of plots.

A Zombie DLC like the one they trolled us with on April 1st.
Possessed characters can sacrifice virgins and summon a demonic retinue. :menace:
Characters that talk to Jesus can smite their enemies with holy powers.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 23, 2013, 07:45:22 AM
CK2

Playable Theocracies.
Expand the map to India and add Hinduism and Buddhism.
Expand the number of plots.

A Zombie DLC like the one they trolled us with on April 1st.
Possessed characters can sacrifice virgins and summon a demonic retinue. :menace:
Characters that talk to Jesus can smite their enemies with holy powers.

See this is why you deserve to get banned sometimes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Dude, how is it any worse than that retarded Aztec shit was? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on October 23, 2013, 09:09:54 AM
Dude, how is it any worse than that retarded Aztec shit was? :hmm:

Cause I'm fucking tired of Zombies.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Quote from: Tyr on October 23, 2013, 04:05:47 AM
Some things that could perhaps help:
* having 'provincial governments', and better yet 'local governments' covering many provinces. So you're Castille and you take over Aragon? You can't just rule it as if it was Castille right away, that should take a while, in the meantime you have the cortez to somewhat hobble you.
* having a strong distance from capital modifier that really hurts you in governing far away provinces. It is boosted greatly by not having a solid sea connection to the province and having to cross hostile lands to get there. This of course should be primarily within Europe, for colonies it could maybe exist but be a lot weaker.
Handling this in game...would be a difficult task. Though it could maybe be done to a small extent with some nice little province modifiers for local government which can be changed with admin actions.
Something like overextension combined with a CK like governor-appointment system?  Sounds nifty.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

How about a rough factional system where Councilors are also characters?  So, say, Level 3 Statesman Thomas Cromwell can be a Protestant, argue for his cause, and play a key role in certain administrative decisions, while General/Commandant Olivier Cromwell can, if pissed enough, decide to fight on the other side of a civil war.  This would also work with family dynamics. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."