I am or was a lawyer
13 (22.8%)
I am both soldier and lawyer
3 (5.3%)
I am Jaron
23 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Malthus

We have many soldiers and many lawyers on Languish. But the question remains: which is larger - The Languish Soldiers Platoon, or the Languish Advocates Cabal?   

For "soldiers" include airmen, marines and sailors, those in the reserves and those who have been soldiers, etc. but who have since retired or moved on to other jobs; for "lawyers" count law students, those who got law degrees but who have not passed the bar (hi, Ide!), and those who got law degrees but have moved on to other occupations. 
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

I did my military service, and I got trained at college for public administration, which is about 75% law. It's been 17 and 14 years respectively since those eras of my life, though. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

We're all subsets of 'prevaricators'.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

I never served in the armed forces, but I am an actuary.

lustindarkness

I'll let it slide for this thread/poll. But you really should have used the term military service member instead of soldier. :contract:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Brain

I was a soldier once. It seems a thousand centuries ago.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on October 18, 2013, 03:06:02 PM
I was a soldier once. It seems a thousand centuries ago.
Hi, grumbler.  :)

lustindarkness

I am both soldier and lawyer = 2?! Who? :unsure:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 18, 2013, 02:58:27 PM
I'll let it slide for this thread/poll. But you really should have used the term military service member instead of soldier. :contract:
But he's including naval service members as well.  Military means army + air force.  Armed Forces is all four services.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

What if you're neither? Can we assemble a mercenary force and sell ourselves to the highest bidder?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 18, 2013, 03:09:54 PM
I am both soldier and lawyer = 2?! Who? :unsure:

Since none of the options fit me, I gave my vote to Daniel Kaffee.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?