News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Moon Hoax revisited

Started by Siege, October 12, 2013, 11:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Jacob on October 13, 2013, 03:28:55 PM
It's sad when otherwise rational people buy into some far fetched conspiracy theory like "the moon hoax".

Well thank heavens Siege doesn't fall into that category.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Darth Wagtaros

I remember the good times on EUOT with this. I think I had  a few guys threatening to kill me for supporting the hoax.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grinning_Colossus

The Russians must also have been tracking the Apollos pretty closely. Why wouldn't they have called us out on it?
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Ideologue

Quote from: PDH on October 13, 2013, 12:08:20 PM
Quote from: grumbler on October 13, 2013, 11:51:27 AM

Jesus put those there when he rode to the moon on a dinosaur.

Just because Jesus dissed you back in '33 doesn't mean you have to mock him.

What does the apostrophe contract there? :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

lustindarkness

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 13, 2013, 08:18:59 PM
I remember the good times on EUOT with this. I think I had  a few guys threatening to kill me for supporting the hoax.

Did they ever follow through? 
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on October 13, 2013, 08:43:46 PM
Quote from: PDH on October 13, 2013, 12:08:20 PM
Quote from: grumbler on October 13, 2013, 11:51:27 AM

Jesus put those there when he rode to the moon on a dinosaur.

Just because Jesus dissed you back in '33 doesn't mean you have to mock him.

:lol:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 13, 2013, 08:46:35 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 13, 2013, 08:18:59 PM

Did they ever follow through? 
One or two did. 
PDH!

Razgovory

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on October 13, 2013, 08:32:13 PM
The Russians must also have been tracking the Apollos pretty closely. Why wouldn't they have called us out on it?

I think they may have claimed it was fake.  It was in the same issue of Pravda as the great success of the eight five year plan and something about sea monsters.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

PDH

Quote from: Ideologue on October 13, 2013, 08:43:46 PM

:(
It didn't look right without one...I am not used to the first century style
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on October 13, 2013, 03:28:55 PM
It's sad when otherwise rational people buy into some far fetched conspiracy theory like "the moon hoax".

I wonder what percentage of Tea Party supporters believe in the moon landing was a hoax

Grey Fox

There is no reason for it to be an hoax. You also have to believe that the Russians would fall for it. I don't think so.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

frunk

Here's an article about the development of the heliocentric model and Galileo.  Read parts 1, 2 and 9 for the heliocentric bits, parts 3-8 about Galileo being an asshole.

Not on-topic, but I was quite entertained by it.

Edit: 3-8 is Galileo, 9 is heliocentric.