China developing 180,000-ton catamaran aircraft carrier

Started by jimmy olsen, October 11, 2013, 03:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

That'd be an absolute disaster waiting to happen. Too bad this is just bullshit propaganda.  :lol:

http://chinadailymail.com/2013/10/07/china-developing-180000-ton-double-hull-aircraft-carrier/
QuoteChina developing 180,000-ton double-hull aircraft carrier

Posted by chankaiyee2 ⋅ October 7, 2013   ⋅ 4 Comments

Qianzhan.com said in its report yesterday: China has to put an end to its old practice of following others countries' footsteps.

Sources say that through meticulous engineering and mechanical analysis, China will conduct research and development of the first 180,000-ton double hull aircraft carrier in the world.

If successful, it will be a movable Chinese territory with maritime hegemony.

It will have a huge capacity, capable of carrying 125 J-20 fighter jets enough to destroy any existing aircraft carrier in the world.

Sources say that China conducts research into a 180,000-ton double hull aircraft carrier because compared with a monohull aircraft carrier, it has exceptional advantages.

A double hull carrier may have two identical runways for simultaneous taking off and landing.

In addition the diagonal runway on the existing Nimitz-class aircraft carrier is too short to be free of the risk of crash.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Brazen

Ah man, thought you'd found my scoop for today, but can't find any single piece of corroborating evidence. :(

Darth Wagtaros

Makes it thrice as expensive and twice as likely to sink.
PDH!

Neil

Well, they're sort of developing it, the same way the Japanese were developing the Super Yamato battleships or the British developed the N3-class ships.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Can you imagine trying to maneuver such a pig?  You'd be hard-pressed to avoid hitting whole continents.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on October 11, 2013, 07:31:54 AM
Can you imagine trying to maneuver such a pig?  You'd be hard-pressed to avoid hitting whole continents.
I doubt it handles all that much worse than a supertanker.  :lol:
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 11, 2013, 03:43:23 AM
If successful, it will be a movable Chinese territory with maritime hegemony.

Happy funtime hegemony!

Ed Anger

Some SSN skipper is surfing the Internet, ran across that news story and was admitted to sickbay with a MASSIVE BONER. 
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

Strange its the China daily, reads more like the kind of thing the right wing American press would come up with to say "MOAR MILITARY MONEYS!"
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on October 11, 2013, 08:19:31 AM
Strange its the China daily, reads more like the kind of thing the right wing American press would come up with to say "MOAR MILITARY MONEYS!"

It's the China Daily Mail, not China Daily.  Big difference.

mongers

I can see the 'logic' behind this, when the US Navy splits it in two, they can say "ha ha, now we have two aircraft carriers".   :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on October 11, 2013, 07:38:10 AM
Quote from: grumbler on October 11, 2013, 07:31:54 AM
I doubt it handles all that much worse than a supertanker.  :lol:

It will have more HP per ton (and some better turning moment because of props in both hulls) but will have far, far more sail area per submerged area than a supertanker, and far more inertia.  Tonnage is more than triple that of the largest supertanker.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Darth Wagtaros

Probably fall apart outside of dock anyway.  Or transform into a robot.
PDH!