News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Remembering the Yom Kippur War, 40 Years Ago.

Started by mongers, October 08, 2013, 07:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Phillip V on October 11, 2013, 06:13:26 PM
Israel needs to fully annex Jerusalem and then establish themselves on both sides of the Jordan River.

Alarmingly, Jewish-Americans seem to be disintegrating.

:huh:

Our J.R. seems to be a reliable hold it all together sort of guy.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Siege

Israel needs to fully annex Jerusalem and then establish themselves on both sides of the Jordan River.

Very true.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: mongers on October 11, 2013, 06:24:26 PM

Fuck no.
He is a faggot and a liberal and an anti-Israel kind of guy.

He would sell Israel in a heartbeat if it meant his personal security.
When the brown shirts come asking questions, he will sell us out.

By the way, when I say faggot I don't mean anti-gay shit, but weakness and selling out.
No offense intended.
JR is deep down an anti-Israeli though.
I can read through his post, and find the true meaning of life.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

DGuller

Quote from: Siege on October 12, 2013, 10:44:15 PM
Quote from: mongers on October 11, 2013, 06:24:26 PM

Fuck no.
He is a faggot and a liberal and an anti-Israel kind of guy.

He would sell Israel in a heartbeat if it meant his personal security.
When the brown shirts come asking questions, he will sell us out.

By the way, when I say faggot I don't mean anti-gay shit, but weakness and selling out.
No offense intended.
JR is deep down an anti-Israeli though.
I can read through his post, and find the true meaning of life.
:lol: I don't think I've ever seen someone call someone else a faggot, followed by "no offense intended".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on October 12, 2013, 10:46:22 PM
:lol: I don't think I've ever seen someone call someone else a faggot, followed by "no offense intended".

Well, since Siege didn't mean he was gay, but only that he was weak and a sellout, one can see why he wouldn't think that was offensive.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on October 12, 2013, 10:46:22 PM

why would anybody think that telling a block of wood would have any effect?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

I didn't know that JR is a member of Jews against Zionism.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

I don't know, I kind of got a sense of sidelocks from some of JR's posts.

Viking

The funny thing is that these Neurei Karta weasles will be in the forefront of calling for ethnic cleansing of palestinians from israel the day after the messiah arrives. Ok, not funny, merely pathetic and evil.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on October 13, 2013, 01:31:34 AM
The funny thing is that these Neurei Karta weasles will be in the forefront of calling for ethnic cleansing of palestinians from israel the day after the messiah arrives. Ok, not funny, merely pathetic and evil.

So, you think the messiah will be arriving anytime soon?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Siege on October 12, 2013, 10:44:15 PM
No offense intended.

Surely none taken   :lol:
I understand that in some circles (Yisrael Biteinu, parts of the House GOP, your head) sanity and general mental health is taken as a sign of weakness.
The sad thing is that you don't realize that the ultra-hardliners and outright racists you favor have done, are doing, and will do more harm to Israel than all the Iranian ayatollahs put together.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

I like the idea that Siege views me as the opposite of weak.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on October 14, 2013, 12:40:36 PM
I like the idea that Siege views me as the opposite of weak.

You are stronk like donkey.

But Siege is stronk like elephant. He beat you.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Siege on October 11, 2013, 04:27:56 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 09, 2013, 10:40:24 AM
I was alive but I don't remember the Yom Kippur War.  I remember the 1982 Lebanon War and initially rooting for the Syrians because of my uncle.  He & my granddad helped set me straight on that  :Embarrass:

Elaborate.

I didn't know what Israel was & since I at least knew someone from a Syrian family, I decided to root for that side.  My uncle came from a Syrian Christian family, though, with zero affinity for the modern state of Syria.  Turn out my uncle was/is staunchly conservative, so he naturally favored Israel.  My granddad was a conservative Democrat and pro-Israel to the extent that he gave any thought to foreigners :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall