Are foreign born U.S. soldiers always insane?

Started by Syt, May 31, 2009, 12:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

We have a number of servicemen on this board. Most of them are pretty normal - Alci, funkmonk, Tonitrus etc. (besides the inevitable geek streak).

Two stand out, though: Hansmeister, born in Germany; Siegebreaker, from Israel.

Is this just coincidence or are foreign born service members much more likely to develop mental conditions?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Hansmeister was born in the US I believe.  He was raised in Germany though.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Tonitrus

Quote from: Syt on May 31, 2009, 12:19:36 AM

Is this just coincidence or are foreign born members much more likely to develop mental conditions?

Fixed.  :P

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Syt on May 31, 2009, 12:19:36 AM
We have a number of servicemen on this board. Most of them are pretty normal - Alci, funkmonk, Tonitrus etc. (besides the inevitable geek streak).

Two stand out, though: Hansmeister, born in Germany; Siegebreaker, from Israel.

Is this just coincidence or are foreign born service members much more likely to develop mental conditions?

I think it's a case of the more meaty posts one makes, the more his underlying insanity is revealed. Those purportedly normal posters you listed tend to keep a low profile.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

What the fuck?
I go away for 2 days and I get blamed of insanity?

I do NOT have a mental condition!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on May 31, 2009, 02:26:33 AM
What the fuck?

Dude, we tell you that when you're here.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 31, 2009, 02:40:26 AM
Quote from: Siege on May 31, 2009, 02:26:33 AM
What the fuck?

Dude, we tell you that when you're here.

And you all know it is bullshit.

I am a law abiding citizen.
The blood I spill these days, belongs to America's enemies. Very bad people, as bad as people can be.
I am an ideoligcally motivated soldier. I believe in what we fight for, I believe in what America stands for.
So go and blame your failure to stand up to my standards on somebody else.
It is not my fault you can't make the cut.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

The Brain

Not as insane as a system where DADT is considered a swell idea.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Siege on May 31, 2009, 02:48:44 AM

The blood I spill these days, belongs to America's enemies. Very bad people, as bad as people can be.
I am an ideoligcally motivated soldier. I believe in what we fight for, I believe in what America stands for.

"What America stands for?" You bitch about gay marriage because there's no legal reason to deny it in a country that was supposed to be free of your theological squabbles. In fact, a lot of your bigotry is against "what America stands for." Military philosophy != the "American Dream."
Experience bij!

Neil

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 31, 2009, 05:49:19 AM
Quote from: Siege on May 31, 2009, 02:48:44 AM

"What America stands for?" You bitch about gay marriage because there's no legal reason to deny it in a country that was supposed to be free of your theological squabbles. In fact, a lot of your bigotry is against "what America stands for." Military philosophy != the "American Dream."
Fuck you, faggot-lover.

Besides, Siege is insane because he's spying for China.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Neil on May 31, 2009, 07:09:55 AM
Fuck you, faggot-lover.

Besides, Siege is insane because he's spying for China.

It was a quick example. I'm just sick of Siege talking like the rest of the US should behave exactly like ex-pat Israeli Jew soldiers.

BTW, closet, thy name is Neil. :P
Experience bij!

Strix

I believe it's just because people born in the US take a lot in their daily lives for granted.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Neil

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 31, 2009, 09:39:00 AMBTW, closet, thy name is Neil. :P
Typical faggot-speak.  Anybody who opposes faggotry must secretly be a faggot themselves.

I hope you get stabbed and then eaten by lions.  Gay lions who fuck you in the stab wounds while they eat you.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Neil on May 31, 2009, 10:06:26 AM
Typical faggot-speak.  Anybody who opposes faggotry must secretly be a faggot themselves.

I hope you get stabbed and then eaten by lions.  Gay lions who fuck you in the stab wounds while they eat you.

Less "opposes faggotry" than tries to project their own sick BDSM gay fantasies on others. That's quite an imagination you've got, Neil.
Experience bij!