And we're back!

Main Menu

Wendy Davis running for Governor of Texas

Started by merithyn, October 04, 2013, 08:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 09:47:26 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2013, 09:43:17 AM
Cruz kind of looks like a blowhard to me.  Like what Jessie Jackson would have been like if he had ever actually gotten elected to something.

Ehh, possibly-- but with less rhyming & whatnot.

And less Cocoa Butter.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

They have both read Dr. Seuss in front of a large audience, though :hmm:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 09:33:33 AM

And as a Latino, how does that make you feel?

Given that I have Mexican family in Texas, I'm not all that keen on it. Thanks for asking.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on October 04, 2013, 09:53:51 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 09:33:33 AM

And as a Latino, how does that make you feel?

Given that I have Mexican family in Texas, I'm not all that keen on it. Thanks for asking.

De nada, mi querida.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 09:48:43 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 04, 2013, 09:45:25 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 09:41:45 AM
I may stand with Rand, but I cruise with Cruz  :cool:

I was impressed how he voted against aid for Hurricane Sandy victims, and for aid to the Texas town that was blown up by a fertilizer plant.

:yawn:

Don't forget, Cards game starts at noon Central.

I guess you didn't know about that one :lol:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

I am pretty sure you have brought that one up before Raz.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2013, 10:02:28 AM
I am pretty sure you have brought that one up before Raz.

And Derspeiss will forget it by the end of the day.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

merithyn

Valmy, so you don't see this as having any real affect on things down there? I'd hoped that all of the support she received by Texans during the filibuster might translate into something real for her.

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on October 04, 2013, 10:05:32 AM
Valmy, so you don't see this as having any real affect on things down there? I'd hoped that all of the support she received by Texans during the filibuster might translate into something real for her.

I think it might so I find it interesting.  I just do not think it likely.

It will certainly get my wife excited.  I predict Wendy Davis campaign stickers and pink shoes in my near future :bleeding:  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

merithyn

That's be one hell of a kick in the teeth to Republicans, losing Texas' governorship. They might actually start jettisoning the Tea Partiers then.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 10:08:02 AM
Someone has to teach those MEN :angry:
Yep. Those men in particular are definitely in need of an education. Well said. :)

Valmy

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 04, 2013, 10:09:33 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 04, 2013, 09:17:25 AM
Her dad did make pretty good hamburgers.

Their new fries are good.

Wendy's is actually one of my favorite fast food places and the one by my house is either being demolished or remodled.  TEH HORRAH!