News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Norway has a new government.

Started by Viking, September 30, 2013, 01:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

The Norgyites are out and the coalition of the Vikingites and Slargosites are in power. Coverage upcoming.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Jacob

Slargos must be pleased.

What are the most likely immediate and long term results of the change in gov't?

Viking

Quote from: Jacob on September 30, 2013, 01:20:35 PM
Slargos must be pleased.

What are the most likely immediate and long term results of the change in gov't?

so far...

the foundation of a private state owned investment company to build infrastructure in norway funded by the oil fund
24 age limit for family reunions
confinement for certain refused refugees

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

friendlier attitude to Israel, slightly lower taxes, slightly less wealth distribution, more oil exploration, better US relations

Viking

Better EU relations, more money spent on the elderly, less on social losers.

Viking

Most important issue for me though, the Slargosites agreed to not spend money like drunken sailors. (unless it is through the infrastructure investment fund)

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: Viking on September 30, 2013, 01:17:58 PM
The Norgyites are out
:weep:

Quotethe coalition of the Vikingites and Slargosites are in power. Coverage upcoming.
:bleeding:

Quotemore money spent on the elderly, less on social losers.
:bleeding: <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Viking

Fiscal Conservatives and Populists form government.

Social Conservatives and Liberals choose not to join, but agree to support the government and the parties have agreed to a formal arrangement.

Admiral Yi

Does this mean that Peace Prizes will start to become less retardo?

Viking

Peace Prize will remain unchanged. The committee has to be unanimous. So it's not a political issue, but rather a systematic one.

Viking

Social Conservative leader argues for agreement on the ground that achieve more than they did during the last 8 years of opposition. It seem the Social Conservative leadership wanted in, but their membership didn't want to sit next to the Populists.

They also got some guarantees for Farm Subsidies.

Viking

Liberals got more money for schools, more public transport and HOLY SHIT ending exploration in major sectors of the norwegian sea. That was pretty fucking big.

Edit: There are good reasons why I don't vote liberal.

Viking

Populists seem to have learned from the radical left from the previous government and aren't trying to present every issue as a victory for themselves and have pointed out that they have had to give in on substantial issues. I think this is gonna be their mantra for the next 4 years for every issue where they said they had easy solutions while in opposition.

They may be the smartest Populists out there... if there is such a thing as a smart populist.

Neil

This is a surprising development.  I guess it's been long enough that the sympathy vote from the island massacre wasn't there anymore.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.