News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Norway has a new government.

Started by Viking, September 30, 2013, 01:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: schaksen on September 30, 2013, 11:23:09 PM
There's a Citizen test with obscure historical questions and the like. But that's not until you've lives in Denmark long enough to qualify for citizenship, that test comes with a danish course but I'm not sure The course is mandatory. There's used to be a rather hefty demand on the personal wealth and size of accommodation of the receiving danish national.

Austria has that, too. But what I meant is more along the lines, "Here's some basic German to get you through the day. Oh, and: we drink alcohol, love pork, and you may see folks dressed immodestly. Also: women and men have equal rights."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on September 30, 2013, 01:27:02 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 30, 2013, 01:20:35 PM
Slargos must be pleased.

What are the most likely immediate and long term results of the change in gov't?

so far...

the foundation of a private state owned investment company to build infrastructure in norway funded by the oil fund
24 age limit for family reunions
confinement for certain refused refugees

When will the camps be opening?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

The way family reunions have been used and abused in France (polygamy, plain illegal immigration) gives weight to the Danish and Norwegian approach.
It's not like they are really family members anyways in lots of cases with the easy bribing in the Third World.

Viking

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 30, 2013, 04:23:09 PM
Also, I don't understand how an age cap mitigates the abuses you described Puff.

Because 18 year old kids can be bullied by their parents in way that 24 year olds cannot. If I understand the proposal correctly both must be 24 and they must have a means of support in norway, basically a job. 24 year old bachelorettes are rare in rural pakistan and single working young women are the most integrated part of norwegian-pakistani society (procter hoc stuff aside).
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: schaksen on September 30, 2013, 04:26:13 PM
Quotemore money spent on the elderly, less on social losers.
:bleeding: <_<
In Denmark the more money to the elderly never manifested, it was always traded of for anti-immigrant solutions. But then in Denmark the populists where never formally in government.

Denmark doesn't have Norway's oil money. The problem in norway has always been how to spend it without causing inflation.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Syt on September 30, 2013, 10:56:32 PM
Are there any other requirements? And how is the attachment measured?

The conditions at present are Marriage, Cohabitation for two years, Dependents under 18 years and Dependents over 18 years with special needs. Marriage is sufficient for attachment in Norwegian Law.

The proposal is to raise the bar to 24 years of age for Marriage and Cohabitation.

Viking

A Quick Summary of the norwegian perspective on what will change

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vg.no%2Fnyheter%2Finnenriks%2Fartikkel.php%3Fartid%3D10152313

QuoteImmigration

Introduce two types of reception centers; integration point for those who are waiting for municipality and return centers for individuals and families with a final rejection. The latter will be more foreigners deprived of their liberty, that will be placed in closed reception, and there is no goal to integrate them into the Norwegian society.

More efficient processing. Faster return of persons without legal residence, as well as criminals. These should be entered so-called "Quick File". Incoming return agreements with several countries.

Introduce mandatory Norwegian test and a test in civics for anyone seeking Norwegian citizenship.

Reducing the penalties for expulsion of foreigners who have been punished for criminal acts in the country of the conditions for Norwegian and imprisonment for five years or more. Today comes this ten years or more.

More extensive DNA testing in connection with family reunification.
Asylum children and their families can be caused by a one-time amnesty. The child's best interests shall weigh heavier in cases where the child has lived in Norway for several years, given that the return to the country of origin is not an option.

Privatization

Opens up for increased privatization. Businesses will increasingly be owned by private operators.

Transport

Several roads. The infrastructure in Norway to be improved markedly with more construction of roads and railways, and the funding of this happening outside the framework of the National Transport Plan.

Toll proportion of new road projects will be lower.

Improved public transport in big cities.

Preparedness and Justice

Several police officers. The crew shall be increased.

Increased national emergency.

Sex-purchase law will be evaluated.

Economy

The guideline remains unchanged. Money is used to continuously adapted to the economic situation and the increased use of oil money should go to education and research, infrastructure and tax breaks.

Reduced wealth tax and inheritance tax.

The minimum deduction from salaries increased so that it should pay to work for more.

Better tax credits for housing savings for young people (BSU).

Family Policies

Paternity leave is maintained, but reduced from 14 to ten weeks.
One benefit to women who give birth to children who have not earned the right to parental benefit is maintained. Today is it in for about 7,000 dollars.

Health

Statutory rights to nursing home placement "with a view to introduction in the period."

Introduce free choice of treatment for substance abuse and mental health.

More treatment centers for drug addicts. It will be harder to come off along with a more coherent behandlingsløp.

No more liberal alcohol policy.

No to public offers of early ultrasound in week 12

Environment
No to the impact of Lofoten, Vesterålen and Senja in the next parliamentary term (2013-2017). It should, however, establish an "environmental base / base oil spill" in the Lofoten and Vesterålen.

No to oil recovery in Jan Mayen, the ice, the Skagerrak and the Møre.

More renewable energy and enhance climate agreement.

Introduce a tax credit for investments in energy saving (energy conservation) in the home.

Greater investment in public transport in big cities.

A review of the Biodiversity Act.

Foreign Policy

Be a contributor to the United Nations, NATO, the Nordic Council and other international organizations.

Maintain a proactive High North policy.

Be more active in the EU with a view to safeguard Norway, through the EEA Agreement.

Have a balanced approach to the Middle East conflict.

Municipalities Form

All four sets behind a local form. Number of municipalities in Norway to be reduced significantly by the merger. Previously, there has been talk of adding the three of the four municipalities. This will take place at the so-called "volunteer force".

Education

Raising the consumption demands of teacher education.

RLE subject (religion, philosophy and ethics) changes name to KRLE (Christianity, religion, philosophy and ethics).

Brazen

Viking

Quote from: Brazen on October 01, 2013, 03:59:44 AM
Does the penguin still have a job?

Sir Nils Olav is a a Colonel in the Norwegian Royal Guard. The present government is not only more monarchist than the previous one it is also more pro military and for the alliance with the UK. So the Penguin still has a job. 

Edit: and he will remain in Edinburgh simply because Norwegian law and custom doesn't permit animals to have knightly titles or military rank.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on October 01, 2013, 04:07:35 AM
Quote from: Brazen on October 01, 2013, 03:59:44 AM
Does the penguin still have a job?

Sir Nils Olav is a a Colonel in the Norwegian Royal Guard. The present government is not only more monarchist than the previous one it is also more pro military and for the alliance with the UK. So the Penguin still has a job. 

Edit: and he will remain in Edinburgh simply because Norwegian law and custom doesn't permit animals to have knightly titles or military rank.

I always thought they kept him there for fear that Norwegians would eat him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017