High school football coach in Utah suspends nearly entire team for bad behavior

Started by garbon, September 27, 2013, 08:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 27, 2013, 11:53:08 AM
Sorry I dont have perfect spelling and on occasion I use ple when it should be pal.

Fuck you all.  :)

except Meri

:hug:

The best way to remember it is that the Principal is your Pal, where as the principle is no one's friend. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on September 27, 2013, 12:03:15 PM
Sorry I dont have perfect spelling and on occasion I use ple when it should be pal.

except Meri

The best way to remember it is that the Principal is your Pal, where as the principle is no one's friend. :)

The "Man" is never your pal.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

KRonn

Smart move by the coach. A few of the kids on the team spoke on the news and all were in favor of it, and recognized what they were doing wrong, that sort of thing. And even better, I don't think that even one parent sued anyone over this!

KRonn

Quote from: merithyn on September 27, 2013, 12:03:15 PM

except Meri

That's a good word association to remember the spelling with.   :)

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on September 27, 2013, 10:44:04 AM
Fortunately for him, he's not a Texas high school football coach.  Don't mess with Texas high school football.

My High School team would perenially enter the State Championship Tournament a highly ranked favorite, have most of the team's stars fail a class and be ineligible, and then lose in the first or second round.  I mean WTF?  Education getting in the way of football?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2013, 12:48:33 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 27, 2013, 10:44:04 AM
Fortunately for him, he's not a Texas high school football coach.  Don't mess with Texas high school football.

My High School team would perenially enter the State Championship Tournament a highly ranked favorite, have most of the team's stars fail a class and be ineligible, and then lose in the first or second round.  I mean WTF?  Education getting in the way of football?

Wait. Are you implying that they're supposed to be able to do things like read?  :huh: Sounds like bullshit to me.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 27, 2013, 02:48:48 PM
Wait. Are you implying that they're supposed to be able to do things like read?  :huh: Sounds like bullshit to me.

A couple nights ago I attended a session put on by my boys' school for students interested in applying to US schools.  There were a few interesting things that came out of the stats regarding the students who were accepted to the elite schools.  One somewhat surprising thing is that perfect GPA and SAT's etc where not a strong indicator of being accepted.  There were a lot of students with less than perfect scores being accepted in preference because they had other things going for them.

There were some significant outliers on the low end of the scores.  The person giving the talk said, "any guesses as to who those folks are"...