Pasta firm Barilla boycotted over 'classic family' remarks

Started by garbon, September 26, 2013, 12:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2013, 12:06:19 PM
The company has also appointed a head diversity officer and will sign up to the Human Rights Campaign's corporate equality index, which rates companies on how open they are to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
:bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Gays and minorities with worthless degrees need good jobs too. :mad:

Malthus

Those were some pretty saucy remarks. No doubt many customers were thorougly cheesed off. However, there is no reason to get all boiled about them.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on November 05, 2013, 12:15:42 PM
Those were some pretty saucy remarks. No doubt many customers were thorougly cheesed off. However, there is no reason to get all boiled about them.

I think only the first sentence worked in that. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 05, 2013, 12:15:29 PM
I shudder just thinking of all of the worthless, utterly non-productive meetings that person will schedule in order to waste everyone else's time while simultaneously justifying their existence. :cry:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on November 05, 2013, 12:21:50 PM
I shudder just thinking of all of the worthless, utterly non-productive meetings that person will schedule in order to waste everyone else's time while simultaneously justifying their existence. :cry:

Will it entail creating a list?

Admiral Yi

It will entail sermons about sensitivity so that the company covers its ass against a lawsuit.

Agelastus

Quote from: Caliga on November 05, 2013, 12:21:50 PM

Just as long as he schedules them during siesta time; then he can have his meetings and justify his existence without bothering anybody.

Maybe he'll sleep through his own meetings as well and save the world some noise pollution.

Unless he's a snorer, of course... :ultra:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Caliga

"He"?  This type of job is almost always held by a chick in my experience. :)

grumbler

The company may have pasta milestone in its history, but the president there needs someone to Wop him upside the head.  He sounds like a weenie in a linguine world.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

KRonn

Quote from: Caliga on November 05, 2013, 12:13:59 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 05, 2013, 12:06:19 PM
The company has also appointed a head diversity officer and will sign up to the Human Rights Campaign's corporate equality index, which rates companies on how open they are to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
:bleeding:

That company's management is getting as soft as cooked linguine!!

Jacob

You're saying it's time to stop noodling around and move pasta those remarks?

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on November 05, 2013, 03:11:20 PM

You're saying it's time to stop noodling around and move pasta those remarks?

Certainly, it ill suits such a manufacturer to insult the Fagottini.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.