Pasta firm Barilla boycotted over 'classic family' remarks

Started by garbon, September 26, 2013, 12:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

Quote"An advert in which the children and father are all sitting down and the mother is serving at the table cannot be accepted as normal."

Yeah I can see how that might be considered very bizzare
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 26, 2013, 01:23:35 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 26, 2013, 01:14:31 PM
I recently saw a Cheerios ad where the kid had a white mom and a black dad(who she poured Cheerios on while he was napping on couch). Offhand, I can't remember any other commercials(for white bread products) which featured inter-racial couples.

Saw my first Asian-White couple in an ad the other day.  Can't remember what it was for.

Was that the one where she has his picture/painting upside down?

Admiral Yi

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Quote"For us the concept of the sacred family remains one of the basic values of the company," he told Italian radio on Wednesday evening. "I would not do it but not out of a lack of respect for homosexuals who have the right to do what they want without bothering others ... [but] I don't see things like they do and I think the family that we speak to is a classic family."

My God, the nerve of that private company. Truely shameful.

not really. Get over it Nancy-Boys. :rolleyes:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

I would think something like a pasta company wouldn't even enter battle in the culture wars. What's the upside for their business?

Maybe 11B4V, we have very different ideas on what a private company should aim to do.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.