Richie Incognito's Accidental Racism: An Apologia

Started by garbon, November 17, 2013, 10:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 19, 2013, 07:53:45 PM
Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 17, 2013, 12:54:25 PM
I like the Atlantic but I intentionally avoid anything Ta-Nehisi Coates and Conor Friedersdorf write. They are both one trick idiots.
I love Ta-Nehisi Coates.

I like Conor. I used to read him, but I think he's gone off the tracks a bit. He seems very angry. All the time. Often at the wrong things.

Edit: On Coates, his series of articles and blogs about starting to read about the ACW, then developing a serious interest, then almost an obsession are brilliant. They inspired me to read a couple of books on the ACW and are generally very interesting and engaging and well-written.

I think probably you all would like something of them.

The fact that you like them both confirms I was smart to stay away from them. They both are overly-emotional writers that think far too highly of themselves and pontificate endlessly.

Queequeg

:lol:
OvB's probably the only poster who can make me laugh when insulting a poster I really like. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Queequeg on November 19, 2013, 08:12:08 PM
:lol:
OvB's probably the only poster who can make me laugh when insulting a poster I really like.
I know. I'm tempted to write five paragraphs about why emotion matters. I'll resist  :sleep:
Let's bomb Russia!