Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Goldsboro NC...well, two outta three ain't bad

Started by CountDeMoney, September 20, 2013, 05:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Duck and cover kind of works.  What's your plan for a nuclear attack?  Stand near a window?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 21, 2013, 12:37:30 PM
I can remember doing duck and cover once.  I was in 2nd grade, in 1970.

How does it differ from an earthquake drill?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 21, 2013, 01:08:44 PM

I've never done an earthquake drill. 

Duck and cover we all crawled under our desks and covered our heads with our arms.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on September 21, 2013, 01:56:17 AM
... and I do recall during my last year of primary school ('86) that at school we weren't allowed to stay out during rain or play in the sand following Chernobyl.

nothing of the sort here (other than saying not to eat your homegrown veggies that year). Massive government misinformation and outright lieing about it. Today the joke is that the radioactive dust and what-not magically travelled around belgium. Classic.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on September 21, 2013, 01:42:46 PM
Quote from: Syt on September 21, 2013, 01:56:17 AM
... and I do recall during my last year of primary school ('86) that at school we weren't allowed to stay out during rain or play in the sand following Chernobyl.

nothing of the sort here (other than saying not to eat your homegrown veggies that year). Massive government misinformation and outright lieing about it. Today the joke is that the radioactive dust and what-not magically travelled around belgium. Classic.

This sounds very much like what was uttered in France at the time with some scientist claiming the cloud stopped at the French borders.  :hmm:

PDH

We did earthquake drills in CA in the early 70s.  By then people realized that hiding under a desk would only save us from falling masonry, not from a nukuleer blast.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 21, 2013, 01:17:01 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 21, 2013, 01:08:44 PM

I've never done an earthquake drill. 

Duck and cover we all crawled under our desks and covered our heads with our arms.

Same thing then.

DGuller

Admiral Yi

DGuller

Eddie Teach

Ideologue

Quote from: PDH on September 21, 2013, 02:10:51 PM
We did earthquake drills in CA in the early 70s.  By then people realized that hiding under a desk would only save us from falling masonry, not from a nukuleer blast.

When your body is shredded by flying glass, your eyes blinded by the flash, and your skull is crushed by falling masonry, I'll laugh and laugh and laugh.  From beneath my desk.
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on September 21, 2013, 03:23:32 PM
Quote from: PDH on September 21, 2013, 02:10:51 PM

When your body is shredded by flying glass, your eyes blinded by the flash, and your skull is crushed by falling masonry, I'll laugh and laugh and laugh.  From beneath my desk.

He's much more likely to survive a nuclear attack than you are, due to living in the middle of nowhere.