Varg Vikernes released, Church burns.

Started by Viking, May 30, 2009, 05:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Well,  Varg Vikernes has been released from prison on the 22 of may. One week later.

Yes, it was arson.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Good counterpoint against all the conservative lunatics who claim releasing convicts never leads to any positive development. :)

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on May 30, 2009, 06:15:33 AM
Good counterpoint against all the conservative lunatics who claim releasing convicts never leads to any positive development. :)

eh?
Converting religious idiots to reason - good.
Burning churches - bad.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Quote from: Viking on May 30, 2009, 06:20:07 AM

eh?
Burning churches - bad.
I beg to differ. There is no such thing as a bad church burning.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Martinus on May 30, 2009, 06:21:03 AM

eh?
Burning churches - bad.
Only if you weren't inside it.

ZING!
PDH!

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on May 30, 2009, 06:21:03 AM

eh?
Burning churches - bad.

Church (architecture and art) is a vital carrier of Western culture through time.

Furthermore churches have property rights as well.

Viking

BTW, Marty, Vikernes was a Satanist, a much much much more stupid religion.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Viking on May 30, 2009, 06:44:54 AM
Satanists are idiots. 

"Look how anti-establishment I am by making a special point of doing the opposite of what conventional morality says I should!"

And they also use menstrual flow in their communion ceremonies.  Or crap.
PDH!

Maximus

link?
QuoteSatanists are idiots.

"Look how anti-establishment I am by making a special point of doing the opposite of what conventional morality says I should!"

And they also use menstrual flow in their communion ceremonies.  Or crap.
You really have no idea what a satanist is, do you?

Martinus

Was he an actual Satanist or a garden variety stupid kid who torments cats "satanist"?

If the former, it's not a stupid religion at all.

Syt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varg_Vikernes#Religion
QuoteReligion

Vikernes has written lyrics for several songs by Darkthrone that make use of themes from old Germanic folklore. In these, Satan is referenced as an an aspect of the Germanic god Odin in the context of an 'eye' that is a source of light (i.e. the sun), there are also mentions of a 'spear' and a 'hall of battle', which are also masked references to Odin. This was done with the double meaning of Odin as the 'adversary' of Jewish and Christian tradition. Many have thus inferred that Vikernes is or was a Satanist, though he has stated many times that he is opposed to Satanism as he considers it to be a reactionary form of Christianity.

According to Vikernes:

Christianity was created by some decadent and degenerated Romans as a tool of oppression, in the late Roman era, and it should be treated accordingly. It is like handcuffs to the mind and spirit and is nothing but destructive to mankind. In fact I don't really see Christianity as a religion. It is more like a spiritual plague, a mass psychosis, and it should first and foremost be treated as a problem to be solved by the medical science. Christianity is a diagnosis. It's like Islam and the other Asian religions, a HIV/AIDS of the spirit and mind.[42]

Vikernes now embraces a "modern scientific worldview resting on a foundation made up of the Pagan values and ideals: loyalty, wisdom, courage, love, discipline, honesty, intelligence, beauty, responsibility, health and strength."[43] He draws a direct connection between both race and intelligence and intelligence and religion, denouncing theism as "mental enslavement" fit only for "inferior races".[44] Vikernes goes on to say "If it is supposed to serve a purpose Paganism needs to be an ideology, not a religion".[44]

In addition to Vargsmål, works by Vikernes on his personal world view include Irminsûl and Germansk Mytologi og Verdensanskuelse ('Germanic Mythology and Worldview').

And Burzum sucks.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Norgy

What is he now? I read he had adopted Slargosianism, or Nazism for the non-Languishite, in jail.
If there's any correlation between his release and stuff happening, I would be looking for a few burning immigrants or Jews, not a church.

Maximus

I read the wiki article. First of all it's wiki, hardly the most objective source. Secondly, even if wiki is entirely correct at most he's pagan who is accused of satanism/eating babies/ drinking virgin's blood. Never heard of that happening before. Finally, if he is satanist, in what way is that a more "stupid' religion than christianity?

Jaron

This is a bit much from you Martinus, even for me. If you're going to do the militant gay thing, don't be so saddened when there is another gay pogrom or gay bashing. After all, all is fair in war, no?
Winner of THE grumbler point.