The Government Shutdown Countdown Lowdown MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, September 17, 2013, 09:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

The world is fucked when those Axis bastards are getting all the good press. 
PDH!

Valmy

I wonder what people have against South Korea.  That's random.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2013, 08:58:07 AM

Worried that their influence may have us all stuck with timers on our fans.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 14, 2013, 08:56:00 AM

They and the British.  I mean I know the Empire has been dead for about 50 years but it is sort of weird to think of people throughout Africa and Asia going 'Ah the British a powerful force for good!'  Or maybe left wingers overstate the bitterness of Colonialism.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Sheilbh

I think it's probably generically thinking there's lots of problems in 'Korea'. And they poll China.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

International backlash known as the "Timmay Effect".  They've lost standing by taking in too many ex-pat Assburgerish retards that repost useless news articles.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2013, 08:59:54 AM
They and the British.  I mean I know the Empire has been dead for about 50 years but it is sort of weird to think of people throughout Africa and Asia going 'Ah the British a powerful force for good!'  Or maybe left wingers overstate the bitterness of Colonialism.
Olympics, the BBC, British TV and music exports, big tourism destination.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 14, 2013, 09:01:42 AM

The world just cannot stay mad at you guys :hug:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Darth Wagtaros

In other words: Doctor Who and the Beatles. 
PDH!

Syt

IIRC from the original thrwad, Germany did pretty fin in Africa where they're engaged economically, and Spain, oddly.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 14, 2013, 08:56:00 AM
It's easy to look back at the colonial era with some nostalgia, given what came after it.  The governments sponsored by the Americans and Soviets were far worse than the British Imperial rule, and if not for the British, they might have been colonized by the French or worse, the Belgians.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 14, 2013, 11:13:56 AM
In other words: Doctor Who and the Beatles.
Don't forget Downton Abbey.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive