Started by CountDeMoney, September 17, 2013, 09:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Tamas was only taking a lot of the anti-Tea Party rhetoric here & elsewhere to its natural conclusion.  He gets all his info second-hand, so it's kind of hard for me to blame him for what he said.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on October 11, 2013, 08:36:50 AM
Ok, not neo-Nazis.

But how they are not the far-right of the American spectrum, I fail to see.

No one is arguing that they are not. They are just saying Nazis are still a couple more notches to the right.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2013, 08:58:40 AM
Hyperbole much?  :lol:

It is horrifying, particularly to people who used to belong to the party.

I wish Poppy Bush would kick all these Teabaggers in the ass.  With colorful socks.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2013, 08:50:19 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2013, 08:48:40 AM
I was laughing at the idea that Obama has destroyed the Republican party.

In a way, he has;  their pure hatred of the man and all things black has turned them inside out to a degree not seen since the Democrat's hatred of Nixon totally fractured the party.

Ok, sunshine.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2013, 09:02:12 AM

In a way, he has;  their pure hatred of the man and all things black has turned them inside out to a degree not seen since the Democrat's hatred of Nixon totally fractured the party.

Ok, sunshine.

You wouldn't consider the GOP in as much of a fractured mess as the Democratic Party was in 1974-76?  You think it's in better shape?

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2013, 08:58:40 AM

Hyperbole much?  :lol:

Not at all.

I've been pretty vocally opposed to the Tea Party and what they represent. That they are the only alternative to Democrats is... terrifying to me. I'd hoped that with time, the Republican Party would move away from social conservatism. I don't see that happening with a stronger Tea Party contingent.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2013, 09:03:45 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2013, 09:02:12 AM

Ok, sunshine.

You wouldn't consider the GOP in as much of a fractured mess as the Democratic Party was in 1974-76?  You think it's in better shape?

I don't see any sign that the party is falling to pieces. Discipline still seems, for the most part, high.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2013, 09:05:47 AM
I don't see any sign that the party is falling to pieces. Discipline still seems, for the most part, high.

Right, John Boehner is totally in control of his party's caucus. 

And you call me sunshine.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 11, 2013, 09:08:25 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2013, 09:05:47 AM

Right, John Boehner is totally in control of his party's caucus. 

And you call me sunshine.

I'm not sure his weakness belies the fact that the Republicans have still largely voted en bloc against opposing legislation.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 11, 2013, 08:58:57 AM
Quote from: Tamas on October 11, 2013, 08:36:50 AM
Ok, not neo-Nazis.

But how they are not the far-right of the American spectrum, I fail to see.

No one is arguing that they are not. They are just saying Nazis are still a couple more notches to the right.

I am not sure about that. People, is the Tea Party a far-right organization?

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2013, 08:58:18 AM
Tamas was only taking a lot of the anti-Tea Party rhetoric here & elsewhere to its natural conclusion.  He gets all his info second-hand, so it's kind of hard for me to blame him for what he said.

I do blame him.

Nobody on Languish this long should still be naive enough to take that kind of rhetoric at face value. I've told Tamas specifically over and over that he needs to think a bit more critically about how various groups are portrayed in the various press around the world.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned