The Government Shutdown Countdown Lowdown MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, September 17, 2013, 09:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

That makes the number bigger.

But even the top 400 Americans, if nationalized, would do significant damage to the debt.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

CNN had two GOP House members on, Peter King and some dude from Wisconsin, both saying the chances of a shutdown are zero.

Cheese Head was saying the point of the exercise was to give GOP Senators a chance to try to cut a deal with Harry Reid (ha) and the subtext was a chance to go on the record opposing Obamacare.

Ed Anger

I'd like to nationalize Ide. He could be put to work on my estates.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

dps

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

derspiess

Send him down here on weekends to clear brush in my wooded area & bundle sticks for kindling.  I'll play The Internationale on my backyard speakers to keep him motivated.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on September 19, 2013, 06:36:10 PM
Send him down here on weekends to clear brush in my wooded area & bundle sticks for kindling.  I'll play The Internationale on my backyard speakers to keep him motivated.

Ok. But no junk food.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 19, 2013, 06:39:30 PM

Ok. But no junk food.

Fine.  I'll have my neighbor's vegan wife feed you the nasty crap she eats.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

If he escapes north I will feed him chips in return for working my land.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on September 19, 2013, 06:47:14 PM

Ok. But no junk food.

I don't want that shit.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 19, 2013, 07:05:48 PM
Quote from: derspiess on September 19, 2013, 06:47:14 PM

Ok. But no junk food.

I don't want that shit.

I thought we were talking about Ide.

Ed Anger

derspiess