News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shrinking 100% cotton sweater vest?

Started by Martinus, May 30, 2009, 04:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I bought this nice 100% cotton sweater vest, but after some use it seems to have expanded, mainly in length (it used to go to my waist, now it seems it got about 1-2 inches longer).

I read conflicting advice on how to shrink it back (involving washing it in hot or cold water, tumble-drying it or not, etc). Anyone knows how?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Yeah, CdM is probably the best bet for knowing this stuff.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Never tumble dry sweater vests.  Ever.

Wash in cold, stretch a bit, and rack dry.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2009, 05:27:21 AM

Thanks, AuntDeMoney. :thumbsup:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 30, 2009, 05:27:21 AM

Seedy is teh ghey.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

No kidding... seriously, a sweater vest?

In my mind, CdM now looks like Fred Schneider.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

I don't think self-respecting gay men wear sweater vests. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brazen

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Caliga on May 31, 2009, 06:07:47 PM
No kidding... seriously, a sweater vest?

Rockin it Beaver Cleaver style.

CountDeMoney

Jaron

Stop eating foie gras and steak tartare with mint julip dressing and maybe your chubby ass stomach will stop stretching your gay sweaters. You know gay clothing doesn't tolerate any fat on your frame, don't you?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on May 31, 2009, 06:10:41 PM
I don't think self-respecting gay men wear sweater vests. :x

Well that is sorta the problem here.  Marty isn't self-respecting.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017