News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

moderate Muslims demonstrate in Luton

Started by Richard Hakluyt, May 30, 2009, 03:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

On an anecdotal level I've worked with Kashmiris in London and about half of them had paler skin than me (though they did have black hair and dark brown eyes so looked darker to a casual observer); also, in the middle Atlas, there were a number of berbers with paler skin and blue eyes.

saskganesh

men should have pubes. lots of them.

humans were created in their own image

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on May 30, 2009, 05:13:29 PM
On an anecdotal level I've worked with Kashmiris in London and about half of them had paler skin than me (though they did have black hair and dark brown eyes so looked darker to a casual observer); also, in the middle Atlas, there were a number of berbers with paler skin and blue eyes.
And Pashtuns are often lighter skinned than Kashmiris.  The idea that everyone from Morocco to Lahore looks like Ahmedinejad, while people beyond that look like Gandhi, is very silly. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Barrister

Counter example:

I was standing in line at Frankfurt Airport when I saw a couple, probably in their 60s.  Guy had a long beard and a head turban, woman was wearing a pantsuit but also wearing a small turban covering her hair.

They had out their American passports, spoke with American accents, and were very, very white.

He might just be a white muslim.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

You'd think garbon would know better, coming from a race that grows pubes on their head.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2009, 07:07:07 PM
Counter example:

I was standing in line at Frankfurt Airport when I saw a couple, probably in their 60s.  Guy had a long beard and a head turban, woman was wearing a pantsuit but also wearing a small turban covering her hair.

They had out their American passports, spoke with American accents, and were very, very white.

If they were wearing Turbans they were probably white Sikhs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on May 31, 2009, 01:43:43 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2009, 07:07:07 PM
Counter example:

If they were wearing Turbans they were probably white Sikhs.

Maybe they weren't white, just sikh-ly looking.

Siege

There is not such thing as a moderate muslim.

Stop lying to us.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Josquius

Quote from: Siege on May 31, 2009, 02:40:47 AM
There is not such thing as a moderate muslim.

Stop lying to us.

:yes:
And there's no such thing as a Jewish extremist.
Wait....
██████
██████
██████