Berkut

Started playing this. Lots of fun.

In open Beta now.

http://mwomercs.com/landingpad
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Habs, I went ahead and bought the XL Engine for my Catapult.

Here is the current configuration:

CPLT-K2

Basically I used the weight savings to max out most of the armor (especially the center where I always get shot) and added a couple more heat sinks and put the MG back.

And it is a larger engine as well, so it goes another 10kph faster.

0 rows returned

Drakken

Did they introduce Community/Faction Warfare yet?

I still have my Ilya Murder-mets.

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on September 13, 2013, 01:52:21 PM

CPLT-K2

I'm always a little leery of the XLs due to the higher crits and all, but I can't argue with the extra armor.  I like the laserpult idea better than the traditional missile boat configuration--plenty of flexibility and damage in stacking PPCs and MMLs.

My main mech is currently http://mechromancer.wordoflowtax.com/?mech=cn9-a&name=Artemis+Centurion&build=v01-CB5,0,12,0,0,0,0,0,0,E,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,22,E,2B17,2B17,2B17,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,30,10,3E9,3E9,0,0,0,0,22,E,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,E,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,28,7EF,7EF,28,7EF,7EF,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0

Basically, it's a really zippy, heavily-armored medium mech that stacks SRMs and flanks people to unload massive damage into rear and side armor.  My favorite part is that both arms and the right torso are completely superfluous.  I can torso twist like a madman and survive quite a while, all while pouring SRMs into people and dashing away.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on September 13, 2013, 06:43:24 PM
Did they introduce Community/Faction Warfare yet?

I still have my Ilya Murder-mets.

No and, unfortunately, there's no ETA on its release, either.

On the positive side of things, the Ilya is still an awesome mech.   :P

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Played a couple matches, fun but really was like chicken with head cut off. maybe should play the tutorials :lol:

Syt

I tried Hawken the other day, but I couldn't quite get into it because I couldn't be bothered with the learning curve. I guess Mechwarrior would be rather more complex?

World of Tanks had the elegance of easy controls, with a (comparatively) complex simulation underneath, and most of what you have to learn is battlefield tactics and maneuvers ... it was easy to get into, but not so easy to master.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on September 14, 2013, 02:48:24 AM
World of Tanks had the elegance of easy controls, with a (comparatively) complex simulation underneath, and most of what you have to learn is battlefield tactics and maneuvers ... it was easy to get into, but not so easy to master.

I got into the Tier IX Frenchie arty.  Thank God for that turret.  Now I can ruin even more peoples' online gaming experiences.

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on September 13, 2013, 09:03:01 PM
Quote from: Berkut on September 13, 2013, 01:52:21 PM

CPLT-K2

I'm always a little leery of the XLs due to the higher crits and all, but I can't argue with the extra armor. 

Well, the Catapult is pretty uniquely suited to an XL. The center torso hitbox is huge, and the side torsos are very small. I pretty much always get killed through the CT. So it might be one of just a couple mechs that really can use the XL without being hurt by the downside much.

I still don't understand how people hit at long range so well. The zoom in the game is pitiful, but people manage to kill me with precision long range fire pretty consistently, when I am probably only hitting their mech at all 50% of the time, if that. Much less targetting particular areas at 700m+.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on September 14, 2013, 09:50:43 AM
I still don't understand how people hit at long range so well. The zoom in the game is pitiful, but people manage to kill me with precision long range fire pretty consistently, when I am probably only hitting their mech at all 50% of the time, if that. Much less targetting particular areas at 700m+.

4X zoom module.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

So without buying any MC is there way to buy something other than trial mech?