News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Choose my AAR

Started by Syt, September 13, 2013, 02:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I feel to be in a bit of an AAR mood (mostly to be done on weekends), but can't quite settle on a game:

- OOTP14 - Soviet Baseball League in competition to the MLB, starting in 1940s. "Real" World Series to be played between winners of each league.
- Elemental - Fallen Enchantress - got the game free because I got suckered into getting the original Elemental. Seems more polished now and pretty much the game promised at start. I'm a total n00b at it, though.
- Blood Bowl Chaos Edition - Again, I suck at it, but I like it a fair bit.
- Distant Worlds - Shadows. Taking a culture from humble beginnings to their destiny among the stars.
- Shogun 2: Total War - A game I like but haven't played extensively.
- Total Extreme Wrestling 13 - a text based, detailed sim about running a wrestling promo. Ideally with a 1989 or 1991 real world mod. (The related Wrestling Spirit 3, where you manage a single wrestler, will be out later this year.)
- Alea Jacta Est (original or Birth of Rome) games would also be an option
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Elemental sounded interesting. Do that one.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Is there a way to get Distant Worlds and it's expansions without going through Matrix games?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on September 13, 2013, 05:28:55 AM
Is there a way to get Distant Worlds and it's expansions without going through Matrix games?
Slitherine's webshop? :P

(Yes, I know they and Matrix are basically the same.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Shogun.  I have that game but have never really played it.  If you do an interesting AAR it might persuade me to try. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Raz goes for Distant worlds.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

So that's so far:

2x Elemental
1x Shogun
1x Distant Worlds
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

I like the Soviet Baseball.  :ph34r:

jimmy olsen

Distant Worlds - Shadows, I don't know anything about it so I choose this one.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

2x Elemental
2x Distant Worlds
1x Shogun
1x OOTP
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

I'm more important than these other jokers, so my vote is worth ten times as much as everyone else's.

Syt

Quote from: Caliga on September 13, 2013, 09:18:13 AM
I'm more important than these other jokers, so my vote is worth ten times as much as everyone else's.
:rolleyes:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

Don't roll your eyes at me, son.

Richard Hakluyt

Distant Worlds is a pretty cool game, but you do want all the expansions (3 of them now IIRC) and matrix/slitherine doesn't seem to sell a compendium edition (ie it is expensive)  :(

We need our man Tamas to get this sorted  :cool:

So that is a vote for Distant Worlds Syt  :cool: