Started by merithyn, September 12, 2013, 09:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

Pretty weak, all he had to add to the kooky radio host was clips from another comedy show and a couple lame puns.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

The Washington Monument penis was moderately funny, but yeah, overall the humor was mostly in the original retarded comment.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 11:19:43 AM
The Washington Monument penis was moderately funny, but yeah, overall the humor was mostly in the original retarded comment.

I dunno. The Washington Monument thing really cracked me up.  :blush:

But yeah, the idiot commentary by the ridiculous right (as opposed to the not-ridiculous right) was by far the funniest part, and was more what I was posting about.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Eddie Teach

The thing that Colbert and Stewart do that's funniest is point up the absurdity in news coverage. Using clips from Red Eye to fake one of his normal bits seems a bit dishonest.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

I really liked both of them a while back, but I've found that I don't watch Colbert anymore, while I continue to enjoy Stewart quite a bit.

Colbert can be really funny, but most of the time is just kind of annoying and childish. The "act" is just kind of ridiculous after a while.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

Stewart gets too preachy sometimes. Even if Colbert's act gets stale once in a while at least it doesn't feel like I'm watching a church sermon.

Colbert > Stewart
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

crazy canuck

I watch them both once in a while.  My older son is a certified Colbert groupie who also watches Stewart.