News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Allergies: what are yours?

Started by CountDeMoney, September 11, 2013, 09:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: katmai on September 12, 2013, 08:32:25 AM

Made him perfect employee for my booth, never had to worry he was gonna eat all the product. :P

And when dealing with 19-year-old boys, that's a real concern. :yes:

The test said "cod" and "clams", but the reality is that he's had reactions to most fish that he's tried. Not horrible reactions, but still, reactions. It really sucks since he loves sushi.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Quote from: merithyn on September 12, 2013, 08:37:05 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 12, 2013, 08:26:28 AM

Considering how little actual fish is in those sticks, you was lucky.

Never thought I'd be so grateful for "filler". ;)

USA! USA! USA!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

I have seasonal allergies, pollen and such, spring and late summer for ragweed type stuff. I also have a somewhat odd allergy to many fruits. Pears, peaches, apples, nectarines, some melons. I can eat oranges and bananas, and I can eat the same fruits from a can without an allergice affect. I figure it was the skin of the fruit but I've tried peeling apples and I still get an allergic reaction. Too bad because I used to love all kinds of fruit, had them everyday.

So I eat bananas, blueberries, strawberries, canned fruit of all kinds. Pineapple fresh or canned is ok also. A few other things I can eat but the most common fruits I stay away from. I get itchy eyes, scratchy throat. I used to continue eating the fruits even with the hassle but after a while it wasn't worth the discomfort.

Ed Anger

Speaking of kid food, I just looked at the kid's school lunch today. Barf.

And I'll get to experience it today on my school lunch visit.  :yucky:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on September 12, 2013, 06:57:29 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 11, 2013, 10:45:31 PM
I have a weird allergy to the skins of several fruits.  Apples, pears, plums... all set my lips on fire.  But only the skin.  If I peel them I'm good as gold.
Not that weird.  Princesca has that too, and I know of 3-4 other people with the same thing.

I'm allergic to both penicillin and sulfa.

So what am I actually allergic to?  Does it have a name?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

ulmont

Allergic to house dust, cut grass...and tomatoes.  The tomato allergy is the most annoying by far.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

lustindarkness

My son has been to the doctor the same week of the year 3 years in a row with stuffed up sinuses because of allergies. Damn plants sure can keep to their schedule.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on September 12, 2013, 09:09:36 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 12, 2013, 09:01:20 AM

So what am I actually allergic to?  Does it have a name?

Could it be this?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/04/08/oral.allergy.syndrome/

Sounds like it.  I do have some kind of seasonal allergy as well that kicks in May-June.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: lustindarkness on September 12, 2013, 09:09:52 AM
My son has been to the doctor the same week of the year 3 years in a row with stuffed up sinuses because of allergies. Damn plants sure can keep to their schedule.

It may sound extreme, but getting shots improved my quality of life by an order of magnitude at that age. The problem is they don't let you do it at home anymore.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 12, 2013, 02:31:05 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on September 12, 2013, 09:09:52 AM

It may sound extreme, but getting shots improved my quality of life by an order of magnitude at that age. The problem is they don't let you do it at home anymore.

That's because they can't trust you to do something as medically important on your own, unlike take-home HIV tests.

mongers

I'm allergic to stupid people.

I know I'm slowly poisoning myself here.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"