8 Year old girl is raped to death by middle aged man her parents sold her to.

Started by Viking, September 10, 2013, 01:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on September 10, 2013, 04:28:32 PM
Viking's insistence that allowing Quebecois Sikhs to wear turbans will lead to a significant increase in the rape and murder of eight year old girls is easily disproven by examining actual facts.

You got it all wrong.

It's the Jews wearing Kippahs that will lead to child-rape and murder.  :Joos
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: Malthus on September 10, 2013, 04:36:17 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 10, 2013, 04:28:32 PM
Viking's insistence that allowing Quebecois Sikhs to wear turbans will lead to a significant increase in the rape and murder of eight year old girls is easily disproven by examining actual facts.

You got it all wrong.

It's the Jews wearing Kippahs that will lead to child-rape and murder.  :Joos

Tell Viking, he's the one making the argument.

mongers

Somewhat related to this story, recently I happened to watch a 'Who Do You Think You Are' episode with an apparently well know British Asian actor. His family came over in the East African Asian flight of the late60s/early70s, he traced their recent history in Kenya during the 20th century and back to India in the 19th. 

In amongst all the to be expected tragedy caused by poverty and economic upheavals were a few very interesting surprises. On of them was he found out his grandmother had married at 6 years to his grandfather who was 10 years old at the time, the actors reaction was just like probably yours or mine, a big sort of WTF. Yet at the time in the 1890s/1900s it wasn't that uncommon amongst the poor. They went on to live a relatively prosperous long lived marriage though they did loose 8 out of their 10 children in infancy.

But 'we've' moved on a great deal in just 2 generations, so I see some hope that these backward customs and the despicable crimes like the Yemeni incident will one day become unthinkable even in their home countries.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Barrister on September 10, 2013, 04:09:28 PM
I did say "the wider islamic world", and not just Yemen.

Your link is interesting, as it links to a bunch of different countries.  Almost all of which have very low rates of child marriage.  Afghanistan, predictably, is horribly at a 15% rate under the age of 15.  Saudi Arabia though has no data, and a couple of links showing the Saudi government cracking down on it.  War-torn iraq is at 3%.  Egypt 2%.  Indonesia 4%.  Algeria 1%. Turkey 3%.

So clearly child marriage is more of a problem in the arab world than it is in the west.  But in both places it is in the minority.  Even in conservative Saudi Arabia they don't generally support child marriages.

Also from that site:

Nicaragua: 10%
Brazil: 11%
Dominican Republic: 12%

PDH

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 10, 2013, 06:51:21 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 10, 2013, 04:09:28 PM
I did say "the wider islamic world", and not just Yemen.

Your link is interesting, as it links to a bunch of different countries.  Almost all of which have very low rates of child marriage.  Afghanistan, predictably, is horribly at a 15% rate under the age of 15.  Saudi Arabia though has no data, and a couple of links showing the Saudi government cracking down on it.  War-torn iraq is at 3%.  Egypt 2%.  Indonesia 4%.  Algeria 1%. Turkey 3%.

So clearly child marriage is more of a problem in the arab world than it is in the west.  But in both places it is in the minority.  Even in conservative Saudi Arabia they don't generally support child marriages.

Also from that site:

Nicaragua: 10%
Brazil: 11%
Dominican Republic: 12%

Fucking Arab shitholistans.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on September 10, 2013, 05:51:43 PM
Somewhat related to this story, recently I happened to watch a 'Who Do You Think You Are' episode with an apparently well know British Asian actor. His family came over in the East African Asian flight of the late60s/early70s, he traced their recent history in Kenya during the 20th century and back to India in the 19th. 

In amongst all the to be expected tragedy caused by poverty and economic upheavals were a few very interesting surprises. On of them was he found out his grandmother had married at 6 years to his grandfather who was 10 years old at the time, the actors reaction was just like probably yours or mine, a big sort of WTF. Yet at the time in the 1890s/1900s it wasn't that uncommon amongst the poor. They went on to live a relatively prosperous long lived marriage though they did loose 8 out of their 10 children in infancy.

But 'we've' moved on a great deal in just 2 generations, so I see some hope that these backward customs and the despicable crimes like the Yemeni incident will one day become unthinkable even in their home countries.

My understanding of those child to child marriages is that they are really betrothals.  They're not supposed to start humping right away.

Josquius

Its the illogicalness of this I don't get.
Marrying a little girl to a man- OK, I can sort of see the logic there, it makes sense within their culture, situation, etc...
But for the man to then destroy his investment like that... It should be common knowledge that even morals aside you can't really do this sort of thing with kids without damaging them.
I'm assuming here of course that he isn't a rich pervert who gets off on killing kids but rather an also somewhat poor person who wanted a young wife.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on September 10, 2013, 06:56:08 PM
Marrying a little girl to a man- OK, I can sort of see the logic there, it makes sense within their culture, situation, etc...

Perhaps faulty logic.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 10, 2013, 06:55:33 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 10, 2013, 05:51:43 PM

My understanding of those child to child marriages is that they are really betrothals.  They're not supposed to start humping right away.

I was retelling the story as an illustration of how quickly norms can change within cultures, especially once poverty is alleviated.

Within the programme they looked at the issue of early sex, when investigating the child deaths he talked with an Indian health worker/statistician and she was making the point that historically early sex and childbirth fatally compromised many of the children who went on to die in infancy.

I think in the grandparents case she had her first child at 12 and several others relatively early, which the health worker said would worsen their survival chances by around 50%. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

merithyn

Quote from: Viking on September 10, 2013, 03:26:13 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 10, 2013, 03:14:10 PM
When these laws are demanded to be in affect in the US or Canada, you'll have an argument against multiculturalism. Until then, I accept that there is good in bad in every culture, and I will be happy to accept the good.

So you think it is ok for little girls to be married off and raped at 8? Seriously, this is ok if their culture says it is ok?

This is how you get the rotten idea that for the most part only countries where human rights are respected get condemned for human rights abuse by anybody other than the US State Department and the better international human rights groups.

:blink:

W. T. F??

Have you lost your fucking mind? Where are you pulling this shit out of??
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son