News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

World's Largest Cave

Started by Jacob, September 10, 2013, 11:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I thought this might be about Jaron's butt.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

I read about that in National Geographic a few months ago.  I love the jungle in the cave.  Very Journey to the Center of the Earth-ish.

But.... 'world's largest cave'?  I guess it depends how you define 'cave' but Mammoth Cave here in Kentucky is many orders of magnitude larger than that cave. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

I don't really understand the idea that this is a recently discovered cave with a collapsed roof and a jungle growing in it (which of course means it must be open to sunlight, and hence not really a cave anymore at all?).
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o-iZ6WJeqhE

Pretty damn amazing.

I guess the parts where the ceiling collapsed and allowed the hungle to grow down inside were never discovered because it was, well, deep in the jungle?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall