News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.

Started by Razgovory, September 10, 2013, 03:00:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Game became available today.  Anyone else have any interest in it?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

sbr

Caliga

Sounds like the title of a RATM song or something. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

Quote from: sbr on September 11, 2013, 05:10:35 PM
Horror games scare me.  :(

Ditto.  I got to the second area of Silent Hill before deciding "fuck this, I'm out." :blush:
Experience bij!

Tamas

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I like the idea of horror games, but I'm too much of a wuss to play them. I particularly hate jump scares (which is what a lot of entries into the genre rely on). I wouldn't mind a good psycho horror game, though, I guess.

I much prefer horror movies. They don't fuss me near as much.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Played through it.  Was kinda disappointing.  A guy went to Mexico, came back insane, so he build an enormous nuclear reactor and set it critical under London in 1900.  He is able to get it started using human blood, so he's quite the engineer.  Also he make's Frankenstein pigmen, but I'm not entirely certain why.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Barely existent.  You walk around in the dark with a lantern occasionally pulling switches or picking up an item and carrying to another room activate a "puzzle" (they are puzzles in the loosest sense of the word.  You might find a fuse laying on the floor and you carry it into the next room and put into a machine to activate the machine). Every once in a while a pig-man chasing you around.  It's very atmospheric, and has great sound and music, but there's not much game play.