Most likely historical figure to have been a time traveller

Started by Josquius, September 09, 2013, 07:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on September 12, 2013, 04:42:33 PM
Actually that is not what we are discussing.  It is for people who were out of place, ahead of their time, and/or weird.

Yeah, so turns out she was not out of place at all but utilized for a myth that was very much from that time and place. 

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on September 12, 2013, 04:44:39 PM
I'm a time traveller, but the mechanism now appears broken and I'm stranded in the 'shit age'.

And like a typical time traveller you didnt bring sufficient money with you to cover such emergencies.  You guys are all the same.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Which age(s) would you *not* travel back to to buttfuck someone Boner?

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 12, 2013, 05:04:05 PM
Actually that is not what we are discussing.  It is for people who were out of place, ahead of their time, and/or weird.

Yeah, so turns out she was not out of place at all but utilized for a myth that was very much from that time and place.

Thing is, they didn't just go pick her up.  She came to them.  And she wasn't actually from Lorraine.  Nor did the French "dispense" with her.  She was captured in combat.  So not much of Viking's theory holds up.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2013, 05:14:36 PM

Thing is, they didn't just go pick her up.  She came to them.  And she wasn't actually from Lorraine.  Nor did the French "dispense" with her.  She was captured in combat.  So not much of Viking's theory holds up.

Not sure how any of that conflicts with her being grounded in that time and place rather than someone who shows up on the scene with something novel and new.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2013, 05:09:43 PM
Which age(s) would you *not* travel back to to buttfuck someone Boner?

Hmmmmm.

I don't think I'd go past ~700BC.

go back to assfuck Gorgo? Yeah.

Go back for some primitive bitch in Ur? pass.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 12, 2013, 05:21:06 PM
Hmmmmm.

I don't think I'd go past ~700BC.

go back to assfuck Gorgo? Yeah.

Go back for some primitive bitch in Ur? pass.

You'd be all over some Cretan hottie walking around with her tits in the air.  1,500 BC.

Ed Anger

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 12, 2013, 05:17:45 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 12, 2013, 05:14:36 PM

Not sure how any of that conflicts with her being grounded in that time and place rather than someone who shows up on the scene with something novel and new.

Well if the myth was for a different place that sorts alters it doesn't it?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 12, 2013, 05:06:09 PM
I'd go back in time and buttfuck Joan of Arc.
ugh, pretty much any chick from that far back was bound to be crawling with lice, probably had worms, bedbugs, etc. :x
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 12, 2013, 06:17:08 PM
ugh, pretty much any chick from that far back was bound to be crawling with lice, probably had worms, bedbugs, etc. :x

You know, if I was able to time travel, I'd think I'd have something to use against critters.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on September 12, 2013, 06:17:08 PM

I have it on good authority that they all resemble Racquel Welch.  :mad:

Ideologue

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 12, 2013, 05:04:57 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 12, 2013, 04:44:39 PM
I'm a time traveller, but the mechanism now appears broken and I'm stranded in the 'shit age'.

And like a typical time traveller you didnt bring sufficient money with you to cover such emergencies.  You guys are all the same.

You know, I've always wondered what the first few days of time travel would be like, before your superior Future Person capabilities could be brought to bear upon the illiterate and weak-boned people that populated the past.

I mean, your debit card ain't gonna work.  And even if you brought a suitcase full of cash, unless you're jumping back to 2002, it won't look the same and will be considered an inept forgery.

I guess you'd have to bring gold, diamonds, that sort of thing.  Finally, a milieu where hard money enthusiasm makes even one troy ounce of sense.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)