News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Calling the Vancouver Languish mob...

Started by Barrister, May 29, 2009, 04:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

It looks like I'm going to be approved to attend the Federation of Law Socities conference in Victoria July 6-11 this year.  The conference is a good one, and I've never been to Vancouver Island so that should be nice.

But that also brings me through the lower mainland  in order to get to and from.  I met up with CC, Jacob and Buddha last summer for a night and it was fun - is there any interest in doing something similar either say the Saturday before (July 4) or the last Friday (July 11) in Vancouver?

:)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on May 29, 2009, 04:25:45 PM
It looks like I'm going to be approved to attend the Federation of Law Socities conference in Victoria July 6-11 this year.  The conference is a good one, and I've never been to Vancouver Island so that should be nice.

But that also brings me through the lower mainland  in order to get to and from.  I met up with CC, Jacob and Buddha last summer for a night and it was fun - is there any interest in doing something similar either say the Saturday before (July 4) or the last Friday (July 11) in Vancouver?

Sounds good.  Maybe this time you will have a bit more time and I can take you up to the North Shore around where I live so you can get get a better view of Vancouver then the one you got on your last trip.

crazy canuck

I will get a hold of Jacob.  Apparently he is having trouble logging on.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 29, 2009, 04:29:31 PM

Sounds good.  Maybe this time you will have a bit more time and I can take you up to the North Shore around where I live so you can get get a better view of Vancouver then the one you got on your last trip.

Sounds pretty good.  I have as much time as I want I suppose - the government doesn't care when the flights in and out are as long as I pay for my own accomodations during any extra time spent there.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on May 29, 2009, 04:39:19 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 29, 2009, 04:29:31 PM

Sounds pretty good.  I have as much time as I want I suppose - the government doesn't care when the flights in and out are as long as I pay for my own accomodations during any extra time spent there.

I invite you to spend the night with the CC clan.  We dont have a guest room - by design (I dont want to encourage my wife's family to stay with us more then they already do) but I can set you up with something that will do for the night.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 29, 2009, 04:42:52 PM
I invite you to spend the night with the CC clan.  We dont have a guest room - by design (I dont want to encourage my wife's family to stay with us more then they already do) but I can set you up with something that will do for the night.

:cool: Great!

saskganesh

hike up Grouse, Black, Fromm or Lynn Valley. the back trail from Lynn to Crown to Grouse is really good as is Cleveland Dam to Black to Horseshoe Bay (which is sweet view)

and then there is the Lions... :cool:

do plan for a day hike. Vancouver's coastal mountains are super if you have good boots.
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

crazy canuck

If he was here for a couple days we could take him up the Lions but since it sounds like more of a stop over we might just take him along the BP trail above deep cove to Corey Rock and then catch a nice meal and gelato in the cove.

Barrister

BuddhaRhubarb

oooh DeathMarches(tm). great.  :p I'm in either weekend. Just lemme know where and when.
:p