News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

IQ Estimates by College Major

Started by merithyn, August 27, 2013, 03:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Second hand smoke outside is not going to hurt anyone.  People are so hypersensitive they're like 'OMG the smell!"

I don't like cigarettes, but I have to say I kind of like the smell of a freshly lit cigarette in open air.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2013, 09:50:19 AM
Second hand smoke outside is not going to hurt anyone.  People are so hypersensitive they're like 'OMG the smell!"

I don't like cigarettes, but I have to say I kind of like the smell of a freshly lit cigarette in open air.

I can't stand it. If I go outside, I want to smell... outside. Not disgusting cigarette smoke. Plus, it's an asthma trigger for me.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on August 30, 2013, 09:50:19 AM

Yeah, because inhaling the smoke of some asshole who is smoking in front of me on the sidewalk is so much less harmful than other kinds of smoke.

lustindarkness

What I hate is when they all crowd right outside the door to the building. Can't you walk another 15 feet to smoke? Assholes.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Camerus

I can't stand the smell of smoke once it gets into my clothes, but when it's fresh, secondhand smoke reminds me of the video arcades I used to sneak off to as a kid.    :)

Maximus

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 30, 2013, 10:02:57 AM
What I hate is when they all crowd right outside the door to the building. Can't you walk another 15 feet to smoke? Assholes.
That and any place with outdoor seating. And always upwind from everyone else. And it's apparently Ok to litter if you're a smoker

crazy canuck

There are by-laws here that require them to be some distance away but that just moves the problem - you still need to walk by them to get to the entrance of the building.  One day a guy puffed smoke into my face as I was walking by.  I dont think it was intentional as he just wasnt paying attention to what he was doing.  My elbow coming up and knocking the cigarette out of his hand was.

lustindarkness

You know what is weird, as a prior smoker, I find it repulsive. I'm ok with people spending money to slowly commit suicide, just do it far away. I hate to even smell it in my normal day to day. But...

...But camping out in the woods, talking shit around a campfire with a beer in hand, a good cigar is The Awesome.  :ph34r:

I am: contradiction :blush:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on August 30, 2013, 10:05:58 AM
I can't stand the smell of smoke once it gets into my clothes, but when it's fresh, secondhand smoke reminds me of the video arcades I used to sneak off to as a kid.    :)

Cigarette smoke and spilled beer aroma in an outdoor setting remind me of going to Reds games at Riverfront Stadium in the early 80s :)

I'm maybe less keen on cigarette smoke in poorly ventilated indoor areas.  Reminds me of bowling alleys back during the day.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 30, 2013, 10:08:22 AM

There are by-laws here that require them to be some distance away but that just moves the problem - you still need to walk by them to get to the entrance of the building.  One day a guy puffed smoke into my face as I was walking by.  I dont think it was intentional as he just wasnt paying attention to what he was doing.  My elbow coming up and knocking the cigarette out of his hand was.

Sure, battery.  Stay classy and ethical man.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ideologue on August 30, 2013, 11:53:54 AM
Sure, battery.  Stay classy and ethical man.

I hadnt taken you for a please sir may I have another type.

CountDeMoney

They don't call him Crazy Canuck for nothing.  Nigga's street hard.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2013, 12:13:29 PM

Plus he's 10 feet tall. The guy must have been on the top of a staircase.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 30, 2013, 12:16:31 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2013, 12:13:29 PM

Plus he's 10 feet tall. The guy must have been on the top of a staircase.

Leaning out the 2nd floor apartment window.