News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

IQ Estimates by College Major

Started by merithyn, August 27, 2013, 03:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

First day of school.  First time I've been on an undergrad campus for a real semester in years. 

Jesus Palomino, how young the little cutie pies are.  Woof.

"My God, it's full of ass..."

Ideologue

I hated going onto the UG campus.  Depressed me.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2013, 04:28:55 PM
First day of school.  First time I've been on an undergrad campus for a real semester in years. 

:cheers:

CountDeMoney

Got chewed out by some faculty member for smoking inside the parking garage;  apparently the campus is no officially non-smoking, with no smokers areas.  I looked it up, and there's a $75 fine that can be assessed for smoking to students by campus po-po and certain employees of the school.  There's also a web page where you can fill out a Smoking Sighting Complaint, so you can anonymously narc out smokers.

Yeah, the parking garage.  Because my American Spirit is putting out more pollutants than the 600 or so cars using the parking garage.

lustindarkness

You need to quit smoking, again.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Maximus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2013, 04:37:31 PM
Got chewed out by some faculty member for smoking inside the parking garage;  apparently the campus is no officially non-smoking, with no smokers areas.  I looked it up, and there's a $75 fine that can be assessed for smoking to students by campus po-po and certain employees of the school.  There's also a web page where you can fill out a Smoking Sighting Complaint, so you can anonymously narc out smokers.

Yeah, the parking garage.  Because my American Spirit is putting out more pollutants than the 600 or so cars using the parking garage.
This campus will be smoke-free Jan 1st :yeah:

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2013, 04:03:00 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 28, 2013, 03:35:51 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2013, 02:23:13 PM
I knew.   :showoff:

Despite being a big history nerd, I knew a history degree would be fairly useless...

I knew as well.  How I got one was a story of total fail.  What I was trying to get was a Physics degree.

How do you get a history degree by accident?  :wacko:

If you kill a history major, his diploma is confered upon you.  So you are just one car accident away from a History Major.  You don't even want to know how you can catch a Genders Studies degree.  Scary stuff.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Maximus on August 29, 2013, 04:48:17 PM

Not if you count marijuana.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maximus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2013, 05:33:47 PM

Fascist fucktards.
Oh I wouldn't call all smokers fascists, but some sure do have an entitlement complex.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2013, 04:28:55 PM

I will be your spirit guide.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on August 27, 2013, 04:08:17 PM
Iirc philosophy as is usually taught is more like logical construction and argument, thus akin to mathematics.  So theoretically useful if unfortunately lumped together with lame stuff like how, say, Democritus' made-up fantasy universe vaguely resembled actual science done with experimentation, measurement, and intellectual rigor.
Some of the most interesting people I knew at uni did Physics and Philosophy. Very interesting course by the sounds of it, I think it's commonly offered in the UK but you've got to be seriously bright.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Maximus on August 29, 2013, 08:08:22 PM

Fascist fucktards.
Oh I wouldn't call all smokers fascists, but some sure do have an entitlement complex.

Somebody puts a butt out in your drink at a party, and you're scarred for life over it.

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2013, 08:22:05 PM
Somebody puts a butt out in your drink at a party, and you're scarred for life over it.

That was the worst drink of wine cooler he ever had!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Fascist fucktards.

They are willing to look out for your health even when you won't. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.