Campus Pride releases its bestest gay-friendly campuses. Have a Gaytastic Day!

Started by CountDeMoney, August 21, 2013, 06:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

All isolated outlier incidents like that do is constantly bounce off the right-wing echo chamber, forever and ever.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 24, 2013, 10:47:06 AM
With mentioning the anecdote?

Because it allows him to rationally reduce the legitimacy of the issue;  they do the same with race, abortion and guns.  It's how their tiny little minds work.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 24, 2013, 10:53:39 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 24, 2013, 10:47:06 AM
With mentioning the anecdote?

Because it allows him to rationally reduce the legitimacy of the issue;  they do the same with race, abortion and guns.  It's how their tiny little minds work.

Funny you should bring up abortion, considering how much mileage the handful of assassinations of abortionists gets.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 24, 2013, 11:43:43 AM
Funny you should bring up abortion, considering how much mileage the handful of assassinations of abortionists gets.

One psychotic doctor in Philly, and let the legislative initiatives begin!

Eddie Teach

That's more a sign of how fickle and easily sensationalized the middle is anyway. Social conservatives were in favor of those bills long before they had a chance of passing.

CountDeMoney

Well, you certainly had no problem trivializing murders and assassinations, now did you?

Eddie Teach

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Those handful of murders are talked up incessantly, exactly the kind of argument by anecdote you were chiding Spiess for.

CountDeMoney

I think there's a substantive difference between a series of murders that warranted the creation of a DOJ Task Force to deal with the issue, and parroting a college prank.

But hey, we all have our sense of priorities.